Five

"I-I..." I stuttered. He was right. I don't belong here. Is whatever he did why I am here? Fuck, everyone's going to know...

"Oh, come on. Nobody's going to believe that." Sam rolled his eyes.

"So he's up to his usual tricks, good to know. Thor, take your brother to his room. I'm sure he remembers it." Steve stated before walking away to his room without saying anything to me. Just leaving everyone to stare at me.

The silence was deafening. Everyone was replaying things over in their heads, it was obvious. Trying to decide who, and what, to believe.

They had memories of me I didn't even know of. How could I convince them of anything? And if I did, would it even be lying? They know me. They all do, there's history here.

But that history isn't mine.

Thor looked around, obviously confused as to who to believe. He stared at me, studying me. And everyone I looked at did the same thing. I should tell them. I have to tell them.

I took deep breaths, trying to gather up the courage. Loki's face turned to a smirk, knowing what I was about to confess.

"Caroline?" Wanda asked nervously.

Before I could start to explain, Steve had returned. With my notebook. He slammed it on the table. "Loki's right. She doesn't belong here."

I stared at it and looked up at Steve, his face was in full Captain America mode, without a second glance at me. "Steve..." I whispered.

"Just, don't." He held his hand up stopping me. The notebook was opened to the page I thought it was. And everyone moved closer and gathered around it, reading.

"Care?" Wanda stepped back, her head tilted as she studied me. "What is this? Who is Vision?"

And then the bombarding of questioned erupted. Everyone confused, looking at each other, looking at me... And Loki in the middle of it all, enjoying the chaos he's caused.

"Okay, enough!" I yelled, stepping back. "I will answer everything, okay? Just one at a time. Please." I turned to Steve, expecting him to ask the first question, but he still wouldn't even look at me. So I turned to Wanda.

"Who's Vision?"

I opened my mouth to answer but that's when Steve spoke up. "The real question is," he stepped in front of me. "Who are you?"

"I'm Caroline Swift. I... I don't know how I got here. All I know is I fell asleep watching a Marvel movie... and woke up in your bed." I looked up at him. "I-I didn't know what to do because you were so sweet and you knew me and-"

"The nightmare." Steve interrupted, realizing the day I was referring to. I saw Bucky tense up out of the corner of my eye, so he was realizing it too.

"If you just got here, how do we know you? For so long?" Peter's voice could barely be heard.

I sighed. "I don't know, truly. I just- you all knew me. I just went with it. And then the next day I woke back up as me-"

"You what?" Natasha snapped.

"I don't know. I woke up in the other... universe? I guess? Mine. Where I'm from. And then the next day, I'm back here... and that's today. That's all, I swear."

"Who's Vision?" Wanda asked again.

"Vision was Jarvis with a physical body... Vision was powered by the Mind Stone. You and he were together."

"Was? Were?" Her voice cracked.

"He died."

Tony stepped closer to me. "I'm sorry, Jarvis became a person?"