bonus ✘ High Society

Forewarnings:
Vulgar language (Swearing, vaguely explicit verbiage), use of alcohol

Rain pelted the city streets.

Droplets banged into the umbral paint job of the familiar, slick car. Their sound plucking lightly on the carbon fiber bracing, like the chiming notes of weightless harps sighing a melody into an otherwise sordid world. Those teardrops collected their tone on the glistening coating in scattered rhythm. Here, there, one, two, dropping, three, four, then another; The drops fell from the thick clouds above. Their trails aggregated on the hood. Blending, as the droplets sprinted down the stamped lines, to the silver grills, splashing on the asphalt below, mixing together with the translucent oils refracting hues swirled in acidic puddles of enlightening wonder, until the concoction of purity was infected by that hallucinogenic toxicity from the grime of the streets, before the run off sailed on the outskirts of the alleyway's path.

The water rippled with reflections of the electrical signs blazing above their heads like empyrean halos. The artificial lighting acting as their crowns in the palace of the underworld.

His combat boots collided with the mirror reflection, the merciless spout of rainwater splashing the back of his torn, black jeans, until the material pooled and dripped. As he regained his balance, a weary hand rubbed at his bloodshot eyes. What few droplets of rain he had plastered to his fingertips chased into the fevered temperature of his skin. Their reviving nature seeping through to the painful throb mercilessly slamming his head into the brickwalls surrounding them.

He pressed his fingertips into his temple, a purposeful groan matching the pulsing of the veins in his head as he leaned his shoulder into a wall. The sound floated over the drumming of the pounding rain on the building awning above him, carrying on the grinding of car tires pressing through the sopping rain, melting in with the vibrations of the ear shattering music thumping inside the building he leaned on for support. His head throbbed along with the bass booming inside, each pulse aching from his skull, to his spine, to the tips of his toes, radiating fluid nausea within the coursing blood attempting to reanimate his walking corpse with pale life. Though that life, was a violent mix between a migraine and heat stroke, while his brain considered slicing open his skull and jumping out to run away from the piercing coruscations of the city's vitality.

He would have traded that "life" for death, any day of the week.

His weight shifted off his shoulder, his body instead coming to roll onto the support beams of his palms shoving him away from the wall, the soft cushions pressed flush against the freezing brick prickling uncomfortable sensation into his skin, as his neck went weak, and his head dropped to lock gazes with the grit of the asphalt floors. The expensive silver rings decorating his fingers scrapped against the brick.

He keened another wordless complaint as his face winced, this time, his vocal chords forcing the vibration in his chest to ring loud. In the reflections of the world in those Elysian pools collecting at the bottom of his vision, he managed to catch a glimpse of the few strands of slicked back hair springing forward, the owner of those untamed strands strutting as they grabbed the car door. He saw the hand, slipping from the handle, slim fingers outstretching far as they pushed lightly, and the only noise to meet his sensitive ears was the bang of a car door slamming shut. He curled his grip into fists as he tossed sparing glances to the other presence. Knuckles scratching into the wall. Rings grinding on brick. They gritted on his nerves along with the figure refusing to respond.