⑦ Bet

Jeongin slammed Chan's jacket down on the desk. He clenched his fists around the fabric of the leathery coat, debating in his mind whether he really was about to do this. He gritted his teeth.

"Take me back."

Jisung glanced for a second at the jacket, then up to the younger, "Repeat that?"

"I want to go back."

"Why?"

"I..." Jeongin paused, his fists going slack and his jaw loosening from its tightness. He started chewing at his bottom lip, dropping his head so he was staring down at his hands as they fumbled around with the inside of the jacket. After a few beats of silence he muttered, "I'm not sure. I guess I want to take Chan's jacket back to him in person, but only for that! I want to leave after."

"I see." The other raised an eyebrow at him and folded his arms, an exasperated look on his face like he didn't believe the younger, "And what about the clothes I lent you?"

"I... I forgot about those. I was going to wash them first but I can bring them tomorrow."

"Keep it."

"I'm not going to be visiting after today."

"Just keep it," Jisung rolled his eyes, a tiny smile at the edge of his lips. He confirmed, "The choker, the fishnet, the jeans, and the shirt. They're yours."

Jeongin's face fell, "If my parents find that..."

The older made eye contact with him and scowled a scowl so powerful it could have killed him, shutting the younger up immediately. He sighed, letting a pitiful smile slip onto his face as he decided, "If they find it, say your friend had to switch clothes with you because soda spilled on them."

Jeongin teased with a shy smile, "I think that would be an excuse Hyunjin could use."

"Minho too, it got everywhere."

"Hm. It kind of was our fault."

"Yeah, but, don't tell anyone. If Hyunjin finds out, we're both going to the slaughter house."

"Changbin seems like a good blockade, we could use him as a shield?"

Jisung snorted at the suggestion, tilting his head to the side as he thought. His gaze flickered behind Jeongin. He quickly stood up from his desk and pushed the younger away, violently snapping at him, "I told you not to bother me anymore! If you really want to go, meet me in the lot after school! You're dead!"

Jisung stormed off past him, making sure to ram their shoulders together before he fled the scene of the classroom. The younger froze, gaping vacantly to the spot where he used to be, puzzling over the sudden outburst from him. He placed a hand on the desk to steady himself but panicked when he didn't feel the leather from the jacket under his fingertips. Jeongin glanced down to the desk in bewilderment.

Chan's jacket was gone.

He whipped around, hoping to see where Jisung had escaped to with the jacket and maybe ask why he suddenly went off. Instead he found an equally confused Seungmin and Felix standing in the walkway, both of them parted to either side because if the raving Jisung seconds prior. Something in the back of his mind clicked. Jeongin shrugged it off and gave a mild wave to them, stammering a shocked, "H-hello!"

"What was that about?" Seungmin interrogated him as the two of them hesitantly trudged forward to join him at the desk. He snagged one of the vacant chair's and slumped down, Felix trailing after but finding a spot sitting crisscross on top of the desk Seungmin sat at, both of them bending in an uncomfortable way to stare at the youngest.