The Endless Night

John POV

The clouds covers the sun like a dark blanket making it seem as if it was nighttime, I stare at the clock thinking that it would be late, but it's only 5:30.. I decided to invite Laff, Herc and Alex over, bring some fun to this gloomy day. A minute later Laff kicks the door open holding Herc bridal style. My eyes darts to their direction, "hey!" I yell excitedly. "Bonjour! Mon ami!" Laff replies, "heyyy!" Herc replies too, "où est  Alexander?" Laff ask, I chuckle, "English Laff, I don't know French.." "ah I'm sorry, where is Alexander?" He corrects himself. I look outside worriedly, "I don't know.." I say softly.
Suddenly a light flickers outside.
Herc goes to speak but is interrupted by a loud crash, "I knew it would storm!" Laff states proudly, he puts down Herc to the floor and lays his hand out, Herc sighs and gives him a dollar.
I however wasn't as happy to hear that, being that I knew something they didn't....."You guys stay here. I'll uh- be right back." I put on a sweater and rush outside.

Meanwhile on the other side of the dorms Jefferson is with his friends walking around in the rain heading to a party

No ones POV

"Guys, can we go back to the dorm and have our own party there or something? We are literally walking in the rain." Jefferson asks frustrated. He look over at his friends that are also soaked but don't seem to be bothered by it.  "Jefferson, you're a big boy, you can handle rain." Lee replies with a taunting-like tone.
"I just don't understand why this party is so important that we have to get this wet." Jefferson remarks beginning getting annoyed. "Shut up Jefferson! Stop arguing with us!" Hank snaps. Jefferson jumps, he gets quiet and begins to think. All the sudden Jefferson sees a guy running and they crash into each-other. They both crash on the floor."Aa! I-I'm sorry!" He yelps. Jefferson preparing to yell looks at him, but then he stops. He stare deeply into his wide, sweet eyes. "Jefferson what're you staring at!? He disrespected you!" Hank yells "Now what do we do when that happens?" He says, lowering his voice only a little bit, as if he was a instructor giving guidance. The guy suddenly recognizes Jefferson and his group, his eyes well up with regret. Jefferson is quiet. "Well?"  He hear Hank snarl. Jefferson suddenly pushes the guy away. "Go.." He say under his breath. The guy looks at him in shock, the guy hesitates but after a bit he runs away. Jefferson refuses to look back, afraid of what's in store for him if he turns around.

Johns POV

"Alex! ALEX!" I yell wandering the dorm area, looking for him. I realized he didn't come back to the dorm or even read my message.. I begin to go to the hill by the soccer field, but while I was passing the school I see a person sitting in the rain with there head dug in their knees, "Yo, uhm.. U should probably go inside and like....not be out here." I say, all I can hear is the sound of the rain, is this a horror movie, is that the evil thing that's about to kill me? "I-I'm fine...Leave me alone" the person says quietly. Reluctantly I go closer, "You okay?" I go in front of them, I move their hair.
"Alex!?" I gasp

"What are you doing out in the rain!? Aren't you afraid of i-"
"I am" he says looking down. I look over to him, and realize this is no fear of thunderstorms... this is something more..
That face doesn't look entirely scared. It looks like..something else. I go over and help him up. He's the quietest I've ever seen him. He puts his arm around my shoulders, he's shaking badly.

Something is wrong....  Seriously wrong....

Back to the house

No ones POV

The door swings open, suddenly John runs in holding Alex who is covering his ears shaking, Laff and Herc jump up to see what's happening. John puts Alex down on the couch and puts a blanket on him. He covers his face. "What happened!?" Herc asks desperate for answers. "I-I don't know" John stutters. "I knew Alex had a fear of thunderstorms, because it was raining a week ago and he was jittery and told me, but he never said it was THIS bad!?" John looks at Alex concerned. Alex snaps out of it a small bit, "A-are you okay..?" John asks extremely worried. Alex uncovers his face and looks around, "....mm...yeah.. I-I'm fine.." he says tiredly. John looks at him, not believing him. Laff goes and closes the window curtains. It thunders and Alex jumps and hides back in the blanket. John looks at him wanting to help, but doesn't know how...

Meanwhile back outside, Jefferson is sitting on the floor in between the principals office and the Counselors office

No ones POV

Jefferson sits there with new scratches and bruises on him. He stares at the floor thinking deeply. "You don't look good.." a unfamiliar voice states. He looks up and it's the guy from earlier. "Why are you here?" Jefferson asks harshly. "U-uhm.. I wanted to make sure you're okay.." the guy continues. "And to... say thank you..".
"What?" Jefferson asks baffled. "You helped me... I don't know why... but you did.." the guy continues. Jefferson is quiet, then he asks, "What's your name?". "Madison..." he answers mildly hesitant. "Well you most likely already know my name." Jefferson says. "Yeah.." Madison says gently. Jefferson looks at Madison and then stands up and leaves. Madison wants to follow but keeps himself back.

Thunder strikes and as the night comes to an end. It is now past 1 am, Alex and Jefferson lie awake while the rest of the college rest.