Roommates

John's POV

For the past month Laff has been letting Herc and I live with him at his aunts house, and now since we have to move into a dorms soon, we have to get ready to leave. "So we're finally in college..." Herc mutters in mild shock while he shove my clothes in a unorganized manner in a teal luggage. "Pour de vrai! It feels like just yesterday I was crying in the disgusting highschool bathroom cabins." Laff folds his clothes and puts them in the luggage orderly. "Bathroom cabins" Herc looks at him smirking and snickering. "What?? Isn't that what you Americans call it???" he sassily flips his hair out of his eyes, uncovering his red face. Herc covers his stomach as he laughs loudly. "What???" Laff flushes a deep red as he laughs along.
I look away zoning into my own thoughts. I rummage through my things and pull out the paper with my dorm and roommate name. "Alexander Hamilton...." I read. A image of him flashes in my head causing my cheeks the blush a slight pink. Such a pretty name... it has a musicality to it...
Alexander Hamilton...
I can't wait to meet him again! Maybe I'll get to know him more.. I am going to live with him...I can't wai-
"JOHN" Herc yells. "HUH" I jump, dropping the paper. "I've been calling you for 5 minutes" Herc laughs.
"Yeahhhh~, you've been oddly quiet..." Laff turns to me smirking. Noticing that I've been staring at my luggage folding the same shirt I've been folding for 20 minutes. I look up, startled by the sudden attention. "Thinkin' of the new kid~?" Laff nudges me smugly. I chuckle with the slightest hint of blush streamed across his face. "Of course not!" I defensively respond almost immediately, "Why would you think that???" I blush tugging on a piece of my hair. "Did the John Laurens finally developed a crush?" Herc states in utter astonishment. He looks at me smirking all the while. I shove my luggage closed. ".....maybe...." I mutter, they both squeal. The door creeks open from the will of a small white poodle. He walks over sitting on my lap.
"Is it wrong to have a crush on him...?" I think to myself as I pick up the small dog. Laff and Herc pick up our luggage and walk out to the room, we are greeted by Lafayette's mom Charlotte.
"Hey Mrs. Charlotte, thanks for letting us stay with you" he bows politely. He notices I'm not doing the same and hits my side. "Ok ok jeez" I mutter as I bow my head down politely yet awkwardly. "You boys are too sweet, it was lovely to have you in my home." She smiles, "Would you like to stay for breakfast?" She offers with the dining utensils already out and food already being made. I look at Herc hoping for him to say no. To be honest, the food smelt delicious and the sizzle from the bacon was like music to my ears, however I knew what a meal at the table would bring....another talk about finances and how to be mature when it came to money spending. And it was too early for that. "Uhm..No thank you, we have plans to meet with people for brunch later." He says, "we di-" I begin to ask being interrupted by —once again— a elbow to the side. "Well-....thank you for letting us stay with you, we really appreciate it." Herc smiles. She waves as I put the tiny pup down. I wave as I walk out, we get in the car and stuff our luggage in the back where Laff is sitting. "Since when where you the prim and proper polite one?" I tease Herc as I shove the luggages in and slam the door shut before any can escape. "I don't know! She talks all fancy and it made me think I had to be fancy." He defensively states, red from embarrassment. "Yeah, a lot of my family are prim and proper." Laff states while browsing through Pinterest on his phone. "Why though?" I ask. He mumbles a incoherent answer. "Well I didn't hear that." I laugh. "I think we lost him to the phone" Herc chuckles and sighs.
"Sooo, who's your roommate?" Herc asks me. "It's that guy that was talking to Burr the other day.." I look out onto the road, "ooooh~" Herc looks at me with a smirk. I blush. "So where we right? Do you have a crush" Hercs eyes glisten with hope. "Like I said 10 minutes ago, I. Don't. Know!"
"Even if I did, I doubt he likes men, let alone me!" I honk the horn to other drivers. Herc waits for me to stop honking to say his peace. "I wouldn't say that just yet" he continues smirking as he looks out the window. I flush.

When we get to the school we exit the car and unload all the luggages. We go to the dorm area and they walk me to my dorm.
"Well good luck." Herc winks pointing at the dorm paper. My heart begins pounding, "o-okay..." was all I could muster. I unlock the door and walk in, I look around at the living room that's separated with the kitchen by a short counter. I close the door behind me and look down the hallway that consists of the bathroom and two bedrooms. The dorm was completely untouched, harboring no decorations or appliances other then a microwave, sink and fridge. I set all my items down on the couch, looking at the bare wall taking note that I need to buy a Tv.
"If that's a robber I can assure you that there's nothing in here other then dead roaches and possible safety hazards." I hear a voice say, I turn to see a short man wearing a white shirt with a soft Jean jacket falling off of one shoulder. His hair is all messy and his eyes are burdened with exhaustion. He walks towards me.

It's Alexander...

~Bud-ump~ ♡

Author note: part 2 is being worked on now!