Chapter 3: Her

🖊I was told I was dangerous... I asked why? They said "Because you don't need anyone." That's when I smiled🖊-Unknow

Killians POV.

I shove my phone into my pocket when I see we've arrived at the Valentine house. I got and invitation to a dinner party tonight, I've heard about Mr. Valentines dinner partys. He usually only invites people from his company but I'm guessing he made an exception.

I opened the car door and stepped out and began walking towards the big gate that surrounded their big house. They lived in a Victorian style mansion that wrapped around a big front yard.

The Valentine family was known for their money so it's no suprise that they live in such a grand house

The Valentine family was known for their money so it's no suprise that they live in such a grand house. But even though it's such a big house only 2 members of the family live there, which is Mr. Valentine and his daughter. Although his daughter isn't as well known as he is. I guess you could say he's kept his daughter a secret. He's told me about her, I just don't know what she looks like nor her name.

I guess I'll find out when I start teaching her.

"Ah, Mr. Donovan, pleasure to see you here" One of the butlers says with a small bow.

"Pleasure to see you too" I say even though I have no clue who the man was.

I walk through the main gate and began to make my way to the front door. I push it open and walk inside, spotting familiar faces here and there.

I see men and woman who work at the Valentine company, most of the men brung their wives and I would assume some brought their kids because I see a few young faces who look about 18-19.

"Would you like a drink, sir?" I hear a feminine voice and I turn my head to see a maid with a tray of drinks in her hands.

"Thank you" I say as I take a glass of red wine. The young lady smiled at me through her mascara coated eyelashes.

As I walk further inside, looking for Mr. Valentine, I see a familiar face. I mentally groan as Mr. Evan's walks up to me. Mr. Evans was the type of man who could carry on a conversation by himself, but obviously that wouldn't satisfy him so he chooses someone to annoy. He could talk for hours on end probably. He must think I'm his friend or something.

"Mr. Donovan, glad to see you here" he says with a crooked smile on his face.

".. Mr. Evans" I say half heartedly.

"Congrats on the deal with Mr. Valentine, he doesn't trust many people like he does you." He took a sip of his drink after saying that.