Prologue

I rushed down to the hospital hallway. Of course, duty calls once again. I rolled my eyes as I checked my watch, "Shit. 5 minutes late. Damn you, Doctor Jisoo." I cursed at myself. I breathed out and put on a straight face as I entered the operating room with a scrub suit on. I saw juniors and interns gulping at my presence. They had the patient on the operating table, half-asleep as the anesthesia was working on her.

As soon as the patient finally lost consciousness, "Scalpel." I said sternly. I smirked as I saw the surgical resident's hand shook while reaching it to me. I cleared my throat, "Better not mess this up, so that you won't lose your job." I cooed.

The room got much more tensed because of what I said, "Y-Yes, Ma'am." They all replied.

After 7 hours straight of getting a tumor growing on a 65-year old's brain, I finally had the chance to stretch out on my office. Ah yes. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Kim Jisoo, 25 years-old and a lead surgeon at Seoul City Hospital. And, I am happy to say, I am proud of myself and my achievements. "I deserve a break."  I sighed and smiled as I was about to sleep.

"Dr. Kim!" I heard someone barge in my office.

I groaned, "Ugh. What is it?" I said as I got up from my seat.

"Dr. Park Sandara is calling for you. She said it's urgent." The intern gulped and bowed.

Aha. Of course, the head of surgery wouldn't miss a chance to halt my last chance of a good morning's sleep. I rubbed my eyes and put on my white coat once again. "You've gotta be kidding me." I murmured.

I slowly entered the head of surgery's office and greeted her with a bow. "What did you call me for, Ma'am?" I asked politely but deep inside my eyes are spitting fire because my sleep was destroyed.

"How was the VIP's surgery?" She asked me first.

I smiled. "It was a successful 7-hour surgery." I replied.

"Hmm...another victorious landing, Dr. Kim. And, I've got a little news for you." She said as she put down her cup of coffee. "A lead surgeon firm another hospital is being transferred here. Either way, he can help you with your bloated schedule of surgeries."

"Hmm...that's good news, ma'am. His biography?" I asked while I made coffee on the coffee maker.

"26. Bachelor of Science. Anatomy. A graduate from SNU and...graduated from Seoul Science Highschool." That made me look at her. "Oh. Didn't you graduate from the same highschool as him? I guess both of you would get along."

That school. So many good and bad memories. My eyes suddenly shot up. "C-Could I ask what his name is? The doctor that would help me?"

Miss Park was about to speak. Not until the door opened. "My apologies for being late. The traffic was heavy." A man spoke. After nearly 10 years, I heard his voice once again.

"Aha! Mr. Kim! Great meeting you!" Miss Park rushed to shake hands with him. I couldn't have the heart to turn around, to face him. "Dr. Kim!" My boss called out to me. "Forget about coffee for awhile. Why don't you greet your colleague right here?"

I gulped and turned around to face him. I saw the same old messy hair, cold dark eyes, straight and emotionless face. Why now? Why all of a sudden you'd leave and show up again? Why are you making me remember forgotten feelings and memories? "Good morning, my name is Dr. Kim Taehyung. Hope we get along, Dr. Kim Jisoo." He said as if we never knew each other.

I stared at him for a few seconds and plastered a fake smile. "Ah- you must've read my I.D.." I chuckled a bit. "Nice meeting you Mr. Kim, I hope we do get along. Now, if you'll excuse me I've got some terrible work to do-" I was about to leave until.

"Don't you two have the same highschool alma maters?" My boss asked us. "You two must know each other! Why is the atmosphere between you two....cold?" She asked while having a suspicious look on her face.

"We were."

"I don't know who he is."

We both said in sync and looked at each other. I gulped and sighed. "I- I'm pretty sure I've never met someone like you, Mr. Kim. You must've mistaken me for someone else." I insisted and looked at him in a serious manner.

I saw the glint and the small smirk that formed on his face. "Oh. I guess so. Highschool life was years ago. I must've forgot my classmates." He chuckled. "But of course, not the memories." He added while looking at me.

I slightly rolled my eyes. "Oh. Too bad, I forgot about all of those." I said as I barged out of the room. I felt mad. Grief. Pain. Guilt. And funny. Funny that I once again, met the man I told to never love me back. Which he did, occasionally.