Chapter 1: A Cold Beginning

FIVE YEARS LATER

Adona pov
It's winter again my favourite holiday everywhere is cold like my heart it's very funny how one day can change your life it really is amazing. 

Today I start my high school life how am able to still attend school without my parents you ask am not stupid I have always been saving since I was small I have been on scholarship since I started school.

I walk into my new school Glory Academy the snow is falling on the ground everywhere is covered in snow but what would surprise you is that am not even wearing a coat I consider it useless and a waste of money.

As I walk to class I hear gasps from students but I don't care to listen they are probably saying am a weirdo and a freak that's what they have told me all my life.

I found a sit at the back close to the window my favourite seat in class and then before I reach there I caught someone putting his leg on my way hoping I will fall.

As I pass I stomp on his foot and he screams out in pain everyone looks at us but that doesn't bother me i calmly walk to my seat as if nothing happened.

I hear him cussing at me but am too distracted to listen to him because the view outside the window is so breathtaking I can see pine trees after the border of the school.

But I hear rattling beside me i turn to see a girl with brown hair and green eyes she was smiling too brightly at me.

She asked whether she could seat here I stare at her blankly hoping she would get the message and leave but to my surprise she said thanks and sat down by my side I was annoyed.

What did I ever do to have people either treat me badly or want to talk to me i can't understand.

She starts talking to me by starting "hey my name is cherry surname miles what's yours" I don't reply she still continues "anyway it is nice to meet you I have a feeling we will be good friends" I still don't reply I faced forward wondering what was wrong with her.

Cherry pov
Hey hey my name is cherry surname miles I have the best parents in the world with an older brother who is strange he barely talks and barely ever participates in family activities.

Today am starting my new life what I mean to say high school life yeahh and it is in one the best schools i know 'glory academy' I quickly get ready ohhh I love the uniform it is a cream short sleeve shirt with a black skirt and a black jacket to match with a black tie.

I hugged my parents goodbye and entered the car to see my brother already waiting with the driver I got to admit I was nervous but I had did a chant to calm me down you can do it you can do it and surprisely I actually calmed down.

I reach the school and man was it gorgeous I could stay here all day admiring it I snapped out of my trance when i saw my brother walk pass my he is in grade 12 while am just starting high so am in grade 10.

I walked into the and greeted everyone saying " hey everyone my name is cherry nice to meet you all" they all smiled and said hey except one it was a girl whose hair was white as snow and eyes crystal blue I was shocked such beautiful hair.

I noticed there was no one close to her as if they were scared to get close but I saw in her eyes she needed a friend so I made it my mission to be one to her stupid right but when i look at her she reminds me of my brother whose character is cold on the outside but soft on the inside kinda.

I walked to her seat and asked " hey can I seat here" no response I know her gaze is saying go away leave me alone but I didn't heed and sat down anyway saying thanks.

I wanted to know her name so I said because I think she didn't even hear the first time " hey my name is cherry surname miles what's yours" again no response I sigh inwardly so I continued my one sided conversation saying "anyway nice to meet you I have a feeling we are going to become good friends" .

When she faced forward I knew what she was thinking even I was wondering what's wrong with me.

This high school life is going to be a long one I huffed.