Epilogue

It'd been hours since the overthrowing of the government. In that time, Jerome had addressed the country and let them know just who was in charge. He told the ones that possessed Powers they were safe now, he didn't plan some mass war- not necessarily- on those without powers. Only, justice for what had been done to his kind.
He was met with mixed reactions from people around him, he'd long since been bandaged and cleaned, as had the others.
The body of his father had been removed from the office and Timothy and Dave had scrubbed it down to perfection.
It was a way to distract the both of them, keep their minds numb from the pain they'd felt. Lauren had kept a close eye on the both of them for the time being. As soon as they'd taken the capitol they'd cleaned up and became presentable. No longer was Jerome in his bloodied suit, his hair which had been matted with blood and sweat was clean once again. His face was bruised and cut, his jawline had a dark bruise and his arm ached.
He sat as Lauren had done her best to patch him up after the others had been seen to. Amelia and Penelope had been put to work with Josh going through tracking people and organizations that tested illegally on those with Powers. Lauren had opted to help with straightening the office and he's pretty sure that it was Timothy, Jason, and Julia, that had had the task of moving his father.
Julia was less than pleased at this task and made her displeasure known with every move she made.
Dave. He was a different story. He'd been waiting for sign of the other's return. Once his task of cleaning was done, he was effectively useless. He'd sat with his head in his hands and hadn't spoken a word.
Jerome felt for the man but wasn't sure how exactly to comfort him.
He wasn't known for comforting others. Plus he had a business to run, and a world to burn. He'd known that there would be some losses this time around. It was a risky move, and without calculations it was certain to fail. He'd calculated everything so they shouldn't have been lost. But it's been six hours and no contact had been made. None of the security cameras worked from the prison they'd been in, it was the first thing Penelope had checked. Julia couldn't get a read on anything from them as they were too far away. It was just silent.

Jerome sat with his chin resting on his hands at the big desk that had so recently been his father's. He had a frown on his face as he thought through the events leading up to the current situation. How could they not be here? How could I have miscalculated so badly? It doesn't make any sense. He'd been round and round with his thoughts all through the press conference, all through the events that had transpired. And still, he couldn't figure out where he went wrong.
He sat in his office in silence, Dave was sitting by the wall as he had been since the end of the battle. Other than cleaning, they hadn't been able to rouse him. He's completely blank and his face is tear stained with the loss of Stahsi. Not only that, but the rest of his team as well.
They were his family, he'd been the only one separated from them. He survived. They didn't. Timothy sat with Jason and Julia trying to calm himself, find peace, when that didn't work he'd sit by Dave.
They had each other, Dave wasn't the most talkative at these moments but he allowed Timothy to hug him. Lauren- she had her nose buried in her phone reading who knows what.
So helpful there Lauren, always reading manga. It was her coping mechanism. She didn't know how to people as she said, so she'd be around as solidarity but she'd be reading.
The room was silent as everyone was in their feelings, the world was theirs but they'd lost their own worlds.
He knew he needed to say something, to bring his team together, but the words were failing him now. He took a deep breath and began to stand, some eyes flicked lazily to him now but he paused his actions. Something was coming.
Suddenly, he felt the temperature drop in the room. He sat back and leaned back in his chair and raised a brow waiting for the threat. Only, it never came. As he looked around he saw everyone else had become alert, even Dave.
Just as quickly as the temperature had dropped, a big black mass formed in front of him. It was like the silhouette of a bird. Jerome leaned back further, less alert, more comfortable and felt as his heart rate sped up. "Hello Stahsi," he said calmly. Slowly, a person formed and the shadows cleared from them leaving the others able to see who it was.
She was beaten and bloody but alive. He couldn't help but frown at her state. It never should have gotten that bad. What the hell happened? She didn't have time to speak though, Dave rushed to her hugging her. His arms wrapped tightly around her waist and she melded to him. The shadows that were around her wove in and around him as well, it was as if they were embracing him too. There were tears in both their eyes as they held one another. She smiled softly and whispers to him, "I told you I'd come back for you."
She says leaning into him further burying her head into his shoulder crying as she breathes him in. Timothy looks around her in hopes of his friends but sees nothing and tears fill his eyes. 'W-what about the others?' Stahsi sighs and pulls back from Dave looking Jerome in the eyes.
He nods and puts his fingers together on the desk waiting, he hadn't spoken a word since his acknowledgment.
He was waiting patiently for her to unweave her web, he knew they were still young and had to embrace each other. It didn't make it any less annoying. A hand touched his shoulder and he tilted his head to see Lauren smiling down at him, she leaned down and whispered quietly, "you've gotten soft." He rolls his eyes and can't help the smirk that plays on his lips now.
He watches as Stahsi meets his gaze and can see from here she's telling the truth, but somethings off with it.
Lauren squeezes his shoulder gently to signify that they were on the same page. She sensed the lie as well. He raises a brow in question but she turns from him. "Luckily, in the fight Davi's fat head got thrown into the panel for the chamber so powers could be used. Unfortunately for them, their powers couldn't do much as the room was still in tact. I, however, could do something." She smiles fully now at Timothy and Jerome can't help but smirk to himself at having been right.
The room gets darker again as her shadows grow and slowly the room is engulfed in them. It's like night has fallen, the darkness is so definite you can't see two inches in front of your face. Jerome can hear sharp intakes of breath and feel as Lauren grips his shoulder again.
It's clear as much as he needs her to center himself, she needs him just as much. The rooms silent and cold now but still nothing. Suddenly, the shadows start to lighten. The room is still dark but not as pitch black, from the darkness surrounding Stahsi, falls familiar faces. They're all pale and Jerome frowns as the room lightens back to normal. "What's happened to them? I instructed you not to let them die."
The room turns to him in confusion as they all blink at the brightness, but he has no eyes for them, only Stahsi. His anger is growing again and he can hear the blood rushing in his ears but forced himself to visibly calm.
She frowns, "Kai did exactly what you said he would, he wouldn't let them know the pain of death. Of any of it so, he calmed them to slow their hearts down so they wouldn't suffer. They're essentially asleep."
Jerome stands now, irritation visible in his every being. Dave hugs and holds Stahsi on one side while Timothy clings to the other.
Jason looks visibly ill at the display but Julia slips her hand in his and he calms. Caleb stands beside Lauren looking blank faced. It's clear he is worried about his comrades but he knows his place is with Jerome now.
Despite the matching family crest they all shared, they'd sworn allegiance to Jerome. They would soon be rebranded with Jerome's mark, but there was time for that later.
He walks slowly past these faces stone faced and focuses on the ones asleep in front of him. Jerome walks to Kai first forgetting the others for a moment, he leans down and caresses the other's face. "Always astounding how I know you better than you know yourself at times." He spoke lowly, so as not to disturb the room.
He could feel the eyes on him, the confusion and apprehension directed at him. He sighed pulling his hand back and looking over the rest, they all looked peaceful in sleep.
No worry on their faces, just calm, painless sleep. "Always thinking of others. Never yourself." He leans down and shakes him, slowly waking the man in front of him. When his eyes flutter open, he instantly meets Jerome's and they widen in pure shock. "J-Jerome? How!?" He yells and Jerome grimaces. "None of that, it's too early for screams. I'll explain everything but need the others to wake," he looks pointedly to the sleeping figures around them and Kai's eyes widen again. He gives one glance around the room and the look he gives is one of confusion.s he shakes his head and focuses on the others, Jerome doesn't move from where he's kneeled in front of Kai. He simply leans back and watches as the others are roused.
Kai takes a deep breath and focuses on Davi for a moment, clearly taking his hold of of them..
Slowly, everyone starts moving. Jerome smiles at the confused tear- stained faces of the others around them.
He stands now over the group and crosses his arms in front of himself. Timothy runs to Dylan and wraps him in a tight embrace before turning and hugging Jake, who sat shaking his head. They were all beaten and bruised, but they were all here, even Alec. He sat a little apart from the group looking pale, clearly he'd been awake for his trip in the shadows. Jerome sighed and leaned back taking the others in as Tsu cried on Davi and Kai, it was clear they were happy to be alive.
Even Jake smiled at his own people, he nodded a thanks to Jerome too. Everything was peaceful again. Now was not the time though to let them off the hook. After all, their jobs had just begun. They were taking over the world. He nudged Davi with his foot and smirked to the other as they looked at him questioningly. "Rise and shine. No sleeping on the job, we're not done."