False Accusations

One week past...

The office seemed dull and gloomy. My partners have not been reporting anything to me, not even Sir James. I was even more worried for Joan. She has been absent from office these few days and decline my phone calls. She was essential to the case. She was the doctor of our lab. We needed her for our investigation. We needed to further study the details of the stab.

The office seemed to be full of whispers. Gossips. Silence. Every time I walked in the office with my casual attire and handbag. Everyone would stop talking, straighten their shirts and stare at me suspiciously. I even caught one of my colleagues examining my clothes and drawing its features on a piece of paper. There were threads to me. Someone has leaked out something. The sharp pain in my stomach grew each day.

Suddenly, I remembered Joan's words. "Stupid", "you are the one that murdered her". Feeling with anger for the false accusation, I picked up my phone and dialled for Joan. *beep beep beep* *the person you are dialling is not available, you can try to call her again later, if it is something urgent, leave a voice message after the tone*. I waited for the sound and spoke "Joan, I do not know what you are thinking. Why did you suddenly accuse me for murder? Did I offend you? No. But why are you doing this to me? We have been friends for years. This is what you would do to break our friendship?"