Awake or Not

My head was spinning. So many things happened there. Was that heaven? I could not think. I don't think it was though. It doesn't seem right. Where was I?

"She's awake, doctor!" my vision was blur and my eyes were half-opened. But all I could see was a nurse. How did I end up here?

Suddenly, there was a sharp pain in my chest, causing me to yelp. I tried my best to drown the pain, but my body was too weak.

"Miss, are you alright?" A doctor rushed to my side. "How long have I been here?" The doctor strained his ear to hear my faint question. "About 3 years, Miss. You were in a coma." I sat up slowly, with the help of the nurse. 3 years? It seemed like 3 seconds to me. What just happen?

"How did I end up here." I whispered as I winced in pain.

"You were stab at the back of your chest. Your boyfriend James was there at the scene. He saw her but she ran away fast."

I nodded. James must have brought me here. I shook off the worries in my mind, I didn't want to think about anything related to James. But... Could it be that James realised he was in the wrong and he wanted to change? Could it be that he decided to love me only and forever? I wished in hope that it was James. I just wanted our relationship to get back again.

What's with the truth given to me? Am I really on earth now? How I wish I was just dead. Death was the best wish I wanted to have. I was overwhelmed with fear. Everywhere I go, there would be hatred, ambition, strive... Nothing to do with love or concern.

I looked around. What was I supposed to do? Why was I on earth then? Upon realising I was awake, I could not stop asking myself. If it was the will given by heaven to finish the case, I have no choice.

Spotting a mobile phone somewhere in a distance, I reached out and grabbed it. "Thank you doctor. Would you mind if I make some calls?" The doctor nodded and walked out of the ward with the nurse tagging behind.

I looked at my phone. It was usually weird. The wallpaper changed. The screen saver display changed. The password was changed. It was no longer a PIN passworded phone. Anybody could just pick up my call. Anybody could see what was inside the phone. I was shocked? Oh yes, of course. But I was a little used to it. I switched off my phone and closed my eyes. Trying to recall all that happened in my coma, I wrote in point form on a piece of paper beside me. Was the truth complete? I bet so. I really don't know. Anything could happen. Shock just overpowered my body throughout the whole experience. There were things I had not known right from the start. I could not stop thinking of what James actually is. You mean he is the president's son!? I could not believe everything or anybody now.

I picked up my phone and locked my phone once again with a new password. I looked into the photo gallery. There was nothing. Blank. All the photos I had taken for the murder case was deleted. All. I stopped. My heart stopped beating. Who touched my phone? How did they know my password? I sat back and lay down on my pillow. A sharp pain trickled down from my chest to my head. Tears filled the lower lid of my eyes. I sobbed. Why is everything against me? Why? I held my hair tight. There was only one would to describe me at that point- depressed. No, I was not stressed. Not a single bit. To me, living a life is so difficult. I better off be dead.