15. I TOLD YOU SO

|ꜱᴏʟᴀʀɪꜱ |

。・:*:・゚★ 。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★ 。・:*:・゚☆

S.H.I.E.L.D TESTING FACILITY

2 0 1 2

"I still don't get it." I muttered as I scrolled through my phone's social media.

"Why does everyone need to know where everyone is at every second of every day?" I mumbled under my breath as Clint and I looked over the tesseract and the building.

"Well, I don't know. But that's a really good question." said Clint from beside me as I leaned on the railing.

Clint Barton, or as he's most famously known as Hawkeye, is like me a S.H.I.E.L.D Agent, and one of my best friends. I sat down next to him, poking my legs through the railing and hoisted my chin on the rail.

My eyes landed on the tesseract, a glowing blue cube. I could feel the gamma radiation it was emitting as scientists were trying to harness its power left and right.

"Remind me why Fury is trying to harness the tesseract?"

"To create clean energy."

"Well, that's ludicrous. The tesseract belongs on Asgard."

This was a testing facility with S.H.I.E.L.D and N.A.S.A scientists working on this project which they have labeled project P.E.G.A.S.U.S.

I was only informed about this project because the tesseract emitted loads of gamma radiation and that was dangerous.

When I found out the Tesseract was here well to say the least, I was pissed. Father did things for a reason, and well he clearly didn't let me come down to earth out of the goodness of his heart.

Clint and I have been staying here with the mission of making sure the tesseract was safe and helping Erik keep a handle on it. It's been about 6 months since Clint and I were put on it. So yeah, we've definitely gotten closer. And when I say closer, I've been annoying the living hell out of him.

Coulson drops by every once in a while, to check in on the progress. And what he normally finds is me sitting in front of it with a magazine in one hand and waving the other in front of it.

The entire facility was being evacuated because the tesseract was acting up, worse than the other times, which is why I've been saying I need to take it home.

"Didn't you say your portal was down?" Clint questioned. "It is, which is why I haven't taken it. Yet."

I sighed when I saw Fury enter and start a conversation with Erik, or Dr. Selvig, one of the lead scientists on this. Fury is the director of SHIELD and my boss, well our boss.