Rise and Shine!

"Rise and shine, your majesty," Knight cookie softly whispers into my ear. "Ngghh.. do I have to?" I say groggily. Oh, right. A stupid meeting. I hate, hate, hate! Princess meetings. "The maids have your dress ready," he says, "get ready soon, the meeting's in an hour." Knight cookie then walks out of my room. I sigh and get out of bed. Maid cookie walks in and has a small chat with me about the meeting. That takes up 10 minutes of my time. "Maid cookie, I don't have much time right now. I need to get ready," I declare. "If you must, your majesty," she says and walks out of my room. Meetings are no fun. I have to attend them, though. If not, I'll be considered an "irresponsible princess," which I'm not. I wish I just had a normal life. Maybe if I did, I would have more time for adventures, or maybe even live with Knight cookie! Well, maybe that's too far, but you get the point.

I'll be honest, when I first met Knight cookie, I was in pure awe. I thought I could finally go on actual adventures instead of imaginary ones! I thought wrong. Knight cookie always says "I have to protect you, thats my job. Even if it costs death." Y'know, I've always admired him because of that.

"Why is this dress so.. casual?" I thought, "Eh, probably nothing." I put on my dress and got my hair done. I sighed, "Why can't I just drink a potion and go from princess to average cookie? I hate being a princess! It's all luxury until you have to attend to your stupid 'duties.'" I guess Knight cookie heard my yelling and he rushed over to room. He knocks and asks if I'm okay and of course I say I am. I don't like the amount of attention I get for being a princess. It's so stupid and unfair. I wish, just wish, I could change the rules, but I'm not queen yet and if I'm not the queen, I can't do anything besides be a pampered, spoiled princess. I should stop ranting about what I wish I could do.

The princesses were supposed to meet at the fountain, but I saw no one there and then comes the final surprise. Knight cookie. In casual clothing. I don't know if I blushed or sweat or anything, but I think I did. Knight cookie sat down next to me and said "Princess, you look nervous. Are you alright?" "U-uhm, yeah. Everything's, uhm.. fine," I slightly chuckle, "I'll just wait for the other princesses to come."