Chapter 2: The 25 cent electronics

"Hey, do we have any kind of training? I've just been wandering from one department to another, trying to look like I have purpose." The first new guy said to me and Garret. "Well, it helps if you carry a box with you everywhere" I said, throwing my box towards him. 

"There you go, see? You learn as you go." Garret said, somehow encouraging Jonah. "Look, dude, only a couple things to remember. Always show up on time, don't steal and stay on the floor supervisor's good side."

"Who's the floor supervisor?" Jonah replies to Garret's statement. I point and turn Jonah's head towards Amy. He sighs, while I run off, saying, "I got to go get another box, BYE!"

I was writing my Demon Slayer x Reader fanfiction when I heard a scream. Cheyenne. I closed my laptop and ran to the isle that I heard the scream coming from. "ARE YOU OKAY CHEYENNE? WHAT'S GOING ON"

"My boyfriend just asked me to marry him!!" 

"Y'know, I hadn't realised earlier that Cheyenne was the lucky girl you'd be proposing to." Amy said, after a random woman made a comment about laxatives. "Yeah, well I knocked her up so my dad says I have to." Bo, Cheyenne's boyfriend said while Cheyenne squealed.

"OMG! So romantic!" I also squealed. The lady in the purple sweater said another gross comment about laxatives, and Amy tried to convince Cheyenne to not accept the engagement ring. 

A little later, Jonah and Mateo were discussing how they were very much 'enemies' while Jonah was reduces the pricing by 25%. "Hey! I figured it out!" He yelled to Dina, who blushed and ran off. I looked back towards my fanfiction in disappointment. Wait, why am I disappointed? I knew I had a crush on Dina but I didn't think that it would get this bad. I'm not the type to get jealous easily, so this must be something new. I saw people running around me but I was too deep in my thoughts that I didn't even notice. I then heard Amy say, "Reduce. Reduce .25. Reprice .25? That would change everything to 25 cents."

"What? I thought you told him to reduce?" I questioned. Amy looked panicked and pissed at the same time. "SHUT IT DOWN! Not now, (Y/N)!" Amy screamed, running off. When she was gone I looked around and grabbed two computers and ran towards the checkouts after Amy. She then ran out the store after a random lady that had walked out. Once I was finished I heard the announcer say over the intercom, "Attention shoppers, due to an employee error, very expensive electronics are pricing out at 25 cents. This mistake is being corrected, so... STOCK UP QUICK! GO! GO! GO! GO!"

I laughed and ran to meet him at Customer Service. I grabbed the intercom announce thingie and said, "Yeah, you better hurry up girl, you better get that TV!" while Frank tried to get the customers to stay, Dina grabbed a shotgun. She shot the ceiling and screamed, "SALES OVER!" I looked on in awe. Dina saw me looking and smirked, making me blush. 

<Superstore>

"There's no need to identify whoever it is whose fault it was. We could all learn a lesson here" Glenn said at the next meeting in the breakroom. "Would that lesson be not letting Jonah reprice inventory in the future?" Mateo said, turning around to face Jonah while Jonah looked oddly disappointed in himself. "I'd say so." I say, turning to Jonah too. 

"It might be, yes. Alright, punctuality. I do not tolerate it because I do not tolerate in myself." Glenn said before I drifted off to sleep. Before going back to work, I was typing away at one of my new computers when Jonah when Garret walked up to me and said, "Wanna put away the shopping carts together?" 

"Umm, okay?" I said and we grabbed Jonah and oddly enough, Glenn joined in with us. We went outside and Garret said, "Okay, help me into one of them and get into one yourselves. We're racing these damn things with mops." It took a while, but we got him in the cart. Jonah and Glenn got in and started racing around coolers and racks. "Slow down! This is not fair! You have more experience on wheels than we do!" Jonah screamed at Garret. 

"Your disability is not my concern!" Garret screamed back. I was timing them because I couldn't be bothered to get in them. Then Amy had shown up. "Seriously! The only thing I asked you to do was to put the carts away!" Then Jonah starts complaining so I just tune out. 

"What if Glenn see this?" I hear Amy say. Glenn then goes past Amy, but I don't hear what he says. He races past Jonah and Glenn and somehow gets in first. Then Amy starts complaining so I tune out again. Then Amy shoves Jonah with the mop and, since he doesn't have brakes, he slams into the car in front of him.

I was on the cash register when I heard the intercom say, "Attention shoppers, even a big box store has to close, and it's about that time. You know, when Pandora closed her famous box, there was only one thing left inside: hope. I wonder what will be left inside this box. Could it be Grace? I hope not. If you're Grace's parents, please pick her up at customer service" I giggled when I heard someone yelling, "EVERYONE GET DOWN ON THE GROUND, NOW!" and multiple screams. I dropped down and covered my head. 

I then for some reason, I then heard Will You Marry Me play over the intercom, so I stood up and saw Bo and other people dancing while Cheyenne sat on a chair in front of him. Bo then got down on one knee and then proposed to her. Then the lights turned off, and glow in the dark stars light up the entire store.