Chapter Twenty-Four

!!TRIGGER WARNINGS!! Swearing, mentions of death, mentions of suicide, mentions of past self harm, survivor's guilt

This is the last chapter btw of the official story 

Dream's POV

George has been gone for a year. It's been the most painful year of my life. He knew I was always there. He thought he finally had done it and lost me. He did this horrible thing all because I couldn't keep my temper in check. How come he's the one who's dead. I'm the one who deserves to be dead. 

I could never leave Drista and Sap behind though. 

Thinking about it I was really all George had left. Of course he had Sap and Bad and Karl and everyone. When it comes to that really close connection I was all he had left. 

Patches and Luca had become close to each other like me a George once were. It's been a whole year yet I still haven't had a minute go by without me thinking of and missing George. How could I ever move past that. Drista is here for me though she has went through so much in the last year she has also been here for me while I've been crumbling to pieces. 

When me and Sapnap had to tell everyone what happened it made me want to quit streaming all together. I stopped for a long time and I've only gotten into stream again now. No one wants to mention George in my chat they are tip toeing around the fact that he is gone because they know I can't take accepting he's gone.

No one but Sapnap and Drista even talk to me anymore. They are scared they'll set me off or something along those lines. I can't really blame them Bad just trying to talk to me about something unrelated well to him at least. He asked if he should get Karl those colorblind glasses. I guess he forgot I got those for George the happiness it brought me when all he wanted to do was enjoy life and all the colors he never got to see. 

I still don't know what made him do it. I know it was me but I thought he was getting better. One fight shouldn't have sent him over the edge. Well I thought that until I found a little grey book. 

Foraging Your Own Mushrooms

I thought it was cute George had that. I thought I could read it because George always really liked mushrooms. The happiness and connection I felt to George quickly faded once I saw the contents of the book. The pages had been cut out to hold a box cutter inside of it. The blade was rusted and had some dried blood on it. So did some of the pages on the inside of the book. 

He never stopped cutting himself even when I took everything away because I never knew. How could I have not known. I should have just paid closer attention and gotten him professional help. He'd still be alive if I just didn't lose my temper and got him the help he needed.

It's not my fault and I know that.

Right?

Everything happens for a reason my ass. The look on his face as he was lying there dying he seemed almost happy. He never knew I was there. I can't get his last words out of my head. 

"He always made me know he was there for me. Even though he was miles and miles away he was only ever really one call away."

He knew I was there all this time even though we were so far apart. I was here right next to him and yet he felt so alone like I wasn't there for him. I could make him feel loved from a whole other continent yet when he was inches away from me he couldn't even feel that I cared let alone how much I loved him. Love him. I don't think I can ever stop loving George. 

Do people just stop caring when someone dies? 

Everyone is acting like I'm crazy for still being upset about it. I love George more than anything else. I don't think I'll ever stop how could anyone? They just don't care. 

I laid on my bed. George never got see my room. He never got to come here and meet Drista in person. He never got to meet my mom. He never got to meet Sapnap in person. So many things he'll never get to do and there is nothing I can do to change that.

The End.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sorry this chapter is kinda short. I didn't really have any ideas but I didn't want to leave you guys hanging with the last chapter. So thats the story. 

I hope you all enjoyed and feedback is appreciated and so are votes. 

Word Count: 743

Get some sleep and drink some water ~Vixcia