Part 9

It had been one and a half weeks since Faith had been born and she was still in intensive care, Amy was also still in the hospital and she was so tired and stressed. Rory hadn't visited her for a few days which didn't help.

The nurse came into Amy's room to get some more breast milk to feed to Faith. "When can Faith leave?" She looked at the nurse.

"Faith is doing very well, shes a little fighter, I reckon it'll be a couple more days and she'll be able to breathe by herself".

"Can I leave?"

"You're still very weak Amy, you haven't been eating right and you're very stressed, I think it's best if you stay here, and it's better for Faith if you stay as well".

"Is Rory coming today? I haven't seen him for a few days"

"I can give him a call if you like, get him to come and see you".

Amy looked at her and nodded, "yes please"

"I'll just take the milk to Faith first, then i'll get reception to call him". She smiled and left the room.

Amy waited for an hour before Rory turned up. "Hey, how you feeling?"

"Tired, stressed, I missed you the past couple of days".

"Apparently you haven't been eating right, Amy it's really important that you eat, for you and for Faith".

"Don't give me a lecture Rory, its so hard in here, I want to leave but I can't, why haven't you been here the past few days?"

He leant down and kissed her, "I'm really sorry Amy, I've been busy, the nursery is nearly ready, just got to get a cot".

Amy sat up, "i need to get out of here, I don't care how weak I am, just for a couple of hours"

"Amy I'm not sure thats a good idea"

"Please Rory, just for a couple of hours"

"Fine, I'll go and ask one of the nurses" he left and came back a couple of minutes later, "they said I could take you out for an hour"

She nodded and stood up, taking Rory's hand, "thank you"

He smiled and they both went out of the hospital to the park, sitting down on a bench.

"Amy, i'm not going to lecture you about this, but you not eating isn't good for you"

"I know, Rory, but I'm finding it so so hard, I'm just constantly worried about her" she teared up, "I hate not being able to do anything"

"Hey its okay" he hugged her, "I hate it too, but she's improving Amy, a few more days and she'll be home, and she'll want you to be healthy, Amy, please eat something, do it for Faith"

She looked at him and nodded, "okay, why don't we go and get some food from town"

He smiled and stood up, taking her hand and helping her up, " I know I haven't said this yet, but I'm really proud of you" he kissed her and hugged her, "I love you"

"I love you too".