༉‧₊˚. 𝟶𝟷

❛ other things may change us,but we begin and end with family ❜

other things may change us,
but we begin and end with family

CHAPTER 01
THE FORGOTTEN

◄▬▬▬▬▬ ✧ ▬▬▬▬▬►

   WHAT HAD ENDED as one the cosmos' greatest creations begun with a singular event which had seemed unremarkable to most. But a single spark was all it took for our universe to come into creation ━ a single death, greeting, circumstance was all it took to bring together those who would create dynasties, massacres and beauties one could only ever dream of. If you had asked the original family of vampires how their world had come to be, their answers could easily be summed up to one single word ━  Lorde.

   And how their world came to be? It didn't take a smile, nor a dinner, nor a death, it took a massacre.

   Born and raised in the land now known to mankind as Britain were the original Gemini twins ━ Alexandria and Xavier Lorde. They were raised by none other than the famed practitioners of witchcraft ━ Lilian and Dorian Lorde in a quaint little cottage in the village of Nox by the forest of Forbidden Arts.

   They learned early on in their lives that the world was cruel and unbecoming ━ the first of which being the death of Dorian Lorde himself when they were but five years old. To make up for what their mother could not do the twins learned to become adept in the ways of war. From dusk till dawn they would spend the summer their father died in the forest, growing more skilled in the martial arts as well as weaponry.

   Half a decade passed when yet another drop of misfortune filled their cup, the plague was closing in on their village. And so they fled, setting sail across the seas to where they would be safe from the poisons of nature, a land where no illness would ever reach. Lilian had heard word of this mystical land where there were creatures who were slaves to the full moon, creatures with strength, health and agility beyond anything they had ever known, from an old correspondent of hers ━ Ayana, a witch from a rather powerful bloodline.

   The Lorde's had settled in quite well into their new village, having been introduced to the Mikaelson family through Ayana ━ a family which was over twice the size of their own. Their mothers had shared mutual passion for witchcraft and occasionally the dark arts. It was in this quaint little village where they had begun their dynasty, their bonds thickening over the many years they would spend in the village, until they were no more two separate houses but one home, united.

   Xavier had taken quite the liking to Henrik the youngest of the lot, treating him as though he were his own little brother, raising him in his own image ━ he taught him how to stand his ground against his brothers, combat and even occasionally let him join in on his and Kol's many practical jokes. Allura on the other hand had chosen the only other girl in their lot to be her confidante over the years, they knew each other's secrets better than anyone else ever would.

   One after the next, the two children of house Lorde had managed to charm every last one of the members of the Mikaelson household, the bonds which bound them together unbreakable, more so with every year past. They would spend hours finishing up their suppers at one or the other's cottage, symbolic bonfires late into the winter nights and soft odes of midnight lullabies before bed.

   But sorrow had never sparred any expense, Henrik was the first to fall at the hands of a werewolf under the influence of the full moon. It was the breaking point for them, Xavier had taken the loss harder than the rest, he turned to violence and everyone who got into his way would pay one way or the next.

   It wasn't long before Lilian had formulated a plan which both she and Esther would carry out ━ where the wolves were quick they would be quicker, where they were strong they would be stronger, where they could reach the tips of homes in a single jump they would reach the tallest of trees, they would be immortal. And so was born the original family.

   The stories say that it was the night that Esther Mikaelson had fallen, the Lorde's had disappeared from the face of the earth, never to be seen again. As far as they knew

◄▬▬▬▬▬ ✧ ▬▬▬▬▬►

🅐🅤🅣🅗🅞🅡'🅢 🅝🅞🅣🅔
hope you enjoyed this rewritten version of the beginning, i changed up the settings and everything. enjoy! please don't forget to vote :)