Chapter one 💜

CHAPTER ONE

LAILA'S POV

Organic chemistry, organic chemistry. That topic still makes my head turn. I groaned as I placed the large chemistry text book on my head. I have been reading for a long time and it just seems like I cannot understand anything again.

I dropped the text book on my bed as I rose up from it. I grabbed my phone from my bedside table and turned off the timer. I looked at my right,

"Kike will you please just shut up?"

I groaned at my sister who was laughing like a crazy person. She has been on the phone for as long as I have been reading and that is four hours. She ignored me and kept on scrolling through her phone.

I knew it was a bad idea to give her a phone. I still do not know why daddy would do that. I grabbed a pillow from my bed in annoyance and threw it at her. She just laughed the more and added the pillow to the stack of pillows she was lying on.

That girl is frustrating.

I walked out of the room and into the sitting room to meet my mum. She was busy on the phone giving orders to someone probably aunty Tina, her sales girl.

When she was done, she hung up the call and turned to me,

"you are done reading?"

"I am."

I said and laid on the chair.

"what about Kike?"

I looked at her and laughed,

"that one is not reading, she has been playing with her phone since morning. Maybe chatting with her boyfriends."

I warned her to drop the phone and she did not. I can only imagine the spank that will land on her back after this. But instead, I felt a shot of pain on my back.

"Mummy."

I groaned and turned to her,

"what, your sister is doing something that is not good and you cannot correct her instead you are here sleeping."

Jesus, am I the one she is meant to spank? If I so enter that room and meet Kike there still on her phone, I will land her a hot slap.

I am beginning to believe that I am the least favorite kid in this house. every middle born can testify to that.

"mummy, why do you have to beat Laila like that?"

Tamilore, my elder sister said. I trust her to always have my back. I gave her a small smile before facing the TV back. mum was watching a Korea Drama, Pent house. we were all watching it together but she sent us inside to read.

"please, she saw her sister doing something that is not good and she cannot correct her. Now that I did that, she would know that the next time she would give that girl that do not use to hear word a spank."

I just blocked out her voice. This is what they call snitches get stitches, right? Yeah, I can definitely feel it.

I remember the last time I beat Kiki, just a small slap and it was because she wore my shoes out, my best sneakers to be exact and she just left it there without cleaning it up. When I got a sight of it, I did not know when the slap landed on her face. and immediately one landed on my back too for being too wicked and harsh.

Nigeria parents are hard to understand to be honest. After doing that she is still advising me to slap her again, it is not me. and it is even me that fucked up. I should have kept quiet.