•Chapter 7: Mates and Gates

Third Person POV
*unedited*
"Mates, Soulmates, your one true love. Mates were made known to humans after the Supernaturals revealed themselves to the world. Humans terrified by the supernaturals waged war trying to  cause a mass genocide. They were not prepared for the sheer force the supernaturals were capable of. When humans lost the war they were enslaved, those that refused were killed. Only the humans that were mated to supernaturals were freed and educated. After a few hundred years, a few countries decided to liberate humans from slavery under the pretense that their debt had been paid to supernatural kind. Though all countries did not feel that way and human slavery is still legal in a few countries."
Kylan sighed, he had rented a book from the library about the History of Mates and Supernatural Kind. He would do anything to find a clue to finding his mate; even reading a 4000 page history book. He ground his teeth as he skimmed through pages, stopping on a page that caught his eye, "Spells Related to The Mate Bond" holding his breath, he read the page. There was an old spell that could reveal the red string of Fate, "it hasn't been used in centuries..." Kylan thought to himself for a moment. "Gran just summoned a witch for his friend!" He shouted with excitement. The librarian glared at him as he hurriedly got ready to go to the address Gran Karta gave him. Hopefully this witch could help him find his mate!
——————————————————————
"I can't believe you actually took him to the garden, Vimen" Karta tried to hide his amusement. Vimen shook his head and sighed, "if there was another way for our kind to live we would, at least the garden is a safe place for mateless incubi and succubi to get nutrition without worrying." Karta shrugged, "I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm saying it must have been embarrassing for the poor boy. You grew up knowing what you need, were able to prepare for it. He wasn't prepared".
"I'm aware"  Vimen grimaced as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He couldn't very well let his grandchild starve either way. "The embarrassment will wear off when the hunger takes over...you used to be a vampire you should know that".
"You did not just compare drinking blood to fuc-"
Karta started but was interrupted by a very embarrassed Harper coming out of his room. Karta covered his face, "blood is worse way worse" he tried to make him feel better.
Harper, desperate to change the subject, "when is the witch getting here anyway" he sucked his teeth. He was tired.
"Should be here today" Karta smiled, Harper reminded him of Reese and of Himself. He felt a connection to the boy, like he was is own grandson. Maybe in his old age he was getting sappy.
A knock on the door caught everyone's attention as Vimen stood and opened it, "Sorry for taking so long" a young looking woman announced as she elegantly glided in.
Her hair was braided into large puffy braids, golden jewelry donned her beautiful curly raven hair. Her skin an alluring amber and eyes of piercing expresso. Harper was taken in my the stranger, she was gorgeous.
"Bibiana thank you for coming so far on such short notice" Karta extended his hand to hers as he took it and placed his lips on her dainty hand .
She smiled and pinched Karta's cheeks,
"Oh Karta, please enough with the charades, I hear we have a missing child to find!" Bibiana announced as her eyes fell on Harper, "Oh what a child, this child was born from her womb? Such a miracle...." She continued to mumble to herself as Vimen cleared his throat, "can we get started now?"
Bibiana breathed in and composed herself,
"Of course, who do you think I am?" She clapped her hands and a map appeared on the coffee table. She grabbed Harper and pulled him along and sat him down on the couch. She rummaged through her things and brought out a knife, it was purple and sharpened to a point. Bibiana took the knife and sliced open Harper's finger, flinching in pain he pulled his finger away, "what the hell! Warn people!"
Bibiana chuckled and took back his hand, "such a baby, young val ".
Bibiana gathered some of his blood on the knife and dripped it on the map.
She grabbed both of Harper's hands and began to chant,
"cara dea proles, audi clamorem! hunc filium iungat utero creationis. sanguis ad sanguinem, caro ad carnem; ovem tuam humilem adiuva! inveniet matrem tuam."

Her eyes glowed bright orange and the blood on the map began to move, when it got to a certain part of the map it shined a similar orange to the witch's eyes.
Letting go of Harper and wiping the blood away she revealed the name of the town Harper's mother was being held captive.
Bibiana gestured to the map, "there you go; easy as that" Vimen leaned over to see the name, "easy as that she says" he sighed and scratch his chin.
Harper looked around at everyone's expressions, "what's wrong ?"
Vimen looked at Harper and smiled sarcastically, "she's currently in one of the most restrictive areas in the world, which just so happens to be illegal to enter without express permission I have a feeling I'm not gonna get" Vimen sighed heavily and leaned back against the couch.
Harper curiously looked at the map, "Ark City?"
Bibiana smiled, "Oh I think we'll be able to get in...it's the City of Angels after all".
———————————————————————
Sorry for not updating for so long! I finally got some inspiration! Let me know what you think! Thank you!
-Onyxicea❤️