Chapter 61: Aoi (Part 2)

I could sense that the humans power had gotten much stronger in such a short amount of time. As his power rose, I felt another power disappear. I could tell that I was this person next target.

Once again, he returned into the dungeon and took the essence of the more powerful red spirits. He then compressed the essence into a dense beacon of agony and hate. Something about this caused something to change in me. I had lost the ability to think for myself, my body moved on its own. It was as if I was looking through the eyes of an entirely different person. 

As soon as the human saw me, he began his attack by using the weapons of great power that were able to scale whole mountains if they so desired to.

As he began his assault I slowly moved around, firing off ghostly petals that would bounce off the walls if they missed their mark. this person was just too fast for me and when he got a large chunk of my armor off, my appendages receded back into my body and the hooks at the end of the chains began to shoot the same ghostly blue petals. Even with all of these projectiles that were being shot, he still managed to dodge most of the petals and dodge my body from ramming into him. Whenever the petals hit the human, it would have a lasting effect of sapping a part of his life force.

However, that wasn't enough and he managed to clear all of the armor off of my body. This awoke a whole new set of skills within me. An identical replica of me phases into existence. Without a single second to wait, we were back to fighting the human. I was moving at a speed that was faster that I could have ever moved in my previous forms. Both me and my clone dashed into the human, creating afterimages that lagged behind me.

For the first time in this fight, I landed a good hit on him. Even with our gap in power being very close to his, I was still losing the fight. He still managed to dodge most of my attacks. My body was still moving on its own. If I could stop the fight, I would have already but my body was just acting off of instinct. 

With every dash, the afterimages would linger in the air for about a second. With every dash that me and my clone would do, it became harder and harder to define which one was the real me. The whole dungeon was filled with a blaring blue light.  As I got closer and closer to finally dying, more and more projectiles began flying around. These ranged from orbs of ectoplasm that split into more orbs. 

Even with all of this, the human was still fine. With one final swing of his weapon, I was finally defeated. All of my projectiles and clones flickered out of existence. I was in an inky abyss of nothingness.

'Am I finally dying? Is this how it feels how to die? Its finally happening. Mother, Father...I'm coming to finally meet you again.' These were the very thoughts that rushed through my mind as this happened.

However, fate had different things in store for me.

"So you're the one that they call the 'Polterghast' it seems that you've finally been defeated." A voice said from the void.

"Please let me die. I don't want to be here anymore." At the time, I was just so annoyed that this entity was preventing me from moving to the afterlife. I didn't even question who that thing was.

"Oh come on, I know that deep down that you wanted to stay in this form. I also know that a part of you wants to pass on while another part of you wants to lice a normal life." The voice sighed. "You sure are a indecisive one. However, with everything that you have been through, I'll be able to fulfil your wishes."

"Even if this is true, how are you able to fulfil that?"

"It's simple. I'll split your soul and send then off to different worlds."

"How does th-"

"Too many questions. Just remember that once your soul is split, your power is split along with it. Now then, goodbye little one."

And just like that, I was sent across different worlds. Each version of me has the same memories up untill the time we got split. I was the part of me that wanted to stay in my 'Polterghast' form. Even if I never got all of my wishes granted, I still know that another one of me is fulfilling that wish. Just like I am fulfilling their wish too.