Chapter One ~ Better When Hidden

Chapter One~ Better When Hidden 

"I'm really hungry." I said rubbing my stomach. I had woken up at 5AM, and ended up eating breakfast way too early, so now it being 12PM, I was starving. "I think I might've lost 10 pounds, I can feel it!" I exclaimed, Brook rolled her eyes and laughed.

She was busy texting someone on her phone, I was too hungry to bother and ask who it was she was texting. Brook was probably busy telling Marie that I was raiding Jimmy and Nicole's house looking for food. I couldn't wait till she got off work so that I could go home and eat. 

Marie was the love of my life. There was no woman on this earth that could compare to her, no one at all. She was simply perfect. I loved her more than life itself, and I was ready to have kids, grandkids and even grow old with her. 

The sound of Brian and Nicole arguing in the living room almost filled the house, but you couldn't exactly hear what it was they were saying, although it surely did catch Brook's attention.

"I'm gonna go split the two of them up, if you find something to eat, let me know. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that this is why Jimmy's always skinny." Brook said mumbling the last part. 

"So when are you going to ask Nicole to marry you?" I asked him leaning back against the white marble counter.

"I haven't exactly picked out the day I was going to ask her, I was busy thinking about what I was going to do when I asked her. I want it to be special and perfect for her." He said. I nodded my head in agreement. 

My stomach growled loudly. I've been craving sweet things to eat, but Jimmy really didn't have a single sweet thing in this house. "I want something sweet!" I exclaimed. "Do we have any fruit?" I asked knowing Jimmy would probably get onto me about saying 'we'. We both walked over to the fridge and scanned it from bottom to top.

"Why don't you go and eat in your own house, Matt?" We hear Nicole say. I quickly shut the fridge as Nicole made her way into the kitchen.

"How long have you been standing there?" Jimmy asked placing his hand over his heart, I could tell that he was worried that she might've overheard what we were talking about before. 

"Just a little while. Brian wouldn't let me wear his hat, so I decided to leave." She shrugged as she walked over to Jimmy and wrapped her arm around his waist.

Nicole looked over at me as I tried my best not to pay attention while I searched through the cabinets. "Matt, are you on drugs or something?" Nicole questioned. 

"Nope, just really, really hungry." I said letting out a disappointed sigh when I saw that there was nothing I could snack on.

"Why don't you go and eat at your house?" She asked me again.

"Because, I left my key in the house, and Marie won't be back until later tonight." I answered, I shut the cabinet and turned crossed my arms over my chest. For a while I've been forgetting my key whenever I left the house, but I had a lot on my mind because I was helping out Jimmy with planning things for Nicole, and trying to hide it from those who can't seem to keep a secret. 

"I'm gonna go and watch that movie with Brook and Brian." She said walking out of the kitchen. I nodded my head and waved goodbye as she left. 

"Do you think she heard us?" Jimmy asked in a worried tone once she was out of sight. 

"I don't think so, she was acting perfectly fine to me." I answered, I walked over to him and gave him a pat on the back for support. "I don't think she has any clue what's going on. I'll later have to fill Marie about this, hopefully she won't act suspicious." 

"That is the last thing we need." Jimmy said. "Our first mistake though was talking about this when we know Nicole could possibly overhear." I chuckled and nodded my head in agreement. 

"We can talk more about this at my house once we fill Marie in, she'd probably get a little upset we didn't tell her about this in the first place, but with my charm she can't stay mad for long." I chuckled and flexed my muscle which only made Jimmy laugh. 

"Oh yeah dude, she won't be able to resist you." 

"Matt!" We hear Brian shout from within the living room, amusement filled his voice. This probably wasn't good. I looked over at Jimmy then headed into the living room.

So here it is, Matt's point of view of the first chapter. I hope that you guys enjoy it! :) I know that it's pretty short, but even the first chapter of Playing with Fire was this short, and I think I did tell you guys that the stories were going to be different points of views of what happened and basically how they're all falling apart but are doing things to try and make everything work.

Next few chapters will be better, but whatever, I hope you guys enjoyed it! :)