Chapter Twelve

A faint scream is heard, no one knowing if it's from the boy gripping his hair or the girl comforting him. Why did Tommy have to risk his life, what did he even prove from this, and what did they gain from this? What did he gain from this besides his death?

Ashline clutches Tubbo tighter, almost as though she's scared of losing him too. She just watched her little brother get murdered by the person who kidnapped her, the person who has complete control over when she gets to see her family.

'I'm not safe there, I'm not safe here, I'm not safe anywhere without them.'

'What am I supposed to do, I can't leave, I can't risk being the cause of the whole downfall of L'manberg, it's my home, it's my family, it's my happiness.'

'I can't, I can't, I can't, I can't. . .'

"Get up. You need to eat." A voice says, shocking Ash out of her thoughts.

She just stares at the wall, not even acknowledging who's at the door. It's been so long since she's seen her family. She misses Tommy. She misses Tubbo. She misses Niki. She misses her family, her safety, and her happiness.

"I'll force-feed you if I need to Ashline. You haven't eaten in three days." The person at the door sighs before walking to the end of the bed, a plate of food in hand.

"I'm not hungry." She states simply, her eyes still fixed upon the wall.

"I don't care if you're hungry or not Ashline. You will eat." The figure says, moving to be next to Ashline, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

Ashline glances over, noticing who it is and quickly moving her eyes back to being at the wall. Clearly regretting her decision to look, Sapnap notices and lets out a soft sigh.

Suddenly a fork is in front of Ashline's face, the smell of steak wafting into Ashline's nose, making her falter on her decision to not eat. Her stomach lets out a growl, resulting in Sapnap smirking.

"See, you need to eat. So eat before I force this fork into your mouth and then force you to swallow."

Ashline opens her mouth slightly whilst rolling her eyes, letting the fork fall softly into her mouth. Her eyes close at the taste of the steak, soft and juicy, not rubbery at all; the spices accentuate the taste.

"I told you so," Sapnap says, smirking while continuing to feed her. Ashline rolls her eyes again in response.

Soon enough the plate is empty and Sapnap places it down on the bed next to him.

"Listen, Ashline, I'm sorry. I know that doesn't excuse what I did but I tried for so long to apologize and make it up to you. But Eret kept turning me away, he wouldn't let me in the house." Sapnap explains, hovering a hand over Ashline's leg before placing it back in his lap, seeming to have rethought that decision.

"I can't say I forgive you, Sapnap. But I have missed you and I'm sorry this is the way it ended," Ashline responds, brushing her hair out of her face anxiously.

"I understand that, once again, I'm sorry," Sapnap says before grabbing the plate and leaving the room.

All that is heard throughout the room is the click of the lock, Ashline falling back onto the bed as her vision fades to black.

hi !! I've been working on this chapter for

hi !! I've been working on this chapter for. . . three months as of 11/16/21

yes I'm aware this is in third person and the rest of this book so far is in first person, however !!!!! I'm in the process of fixing it <3

anyways we see Ashline's slow descent into the downfall of mental health, i wouldn't call it insanity, as I'm sure that'll come soon :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oh my god !!! I started this chapter so long ago and I just now finished it, May 17th of 2022. I am so so so sorry it took this long to get an update out, school is so much along with just getting stuck with this chapter. For so long this chapter was just the start, just Ashline freaking out over Tommy being shot.

I would like to say! We have the three canon lives <3 however, Ashline is unsure of this, never knowing as Eret never told her <3