Ghosting

March 15th, 2016

March 15th, 2016

7:22 am EST

Quantico, Virginia

16 hours and 45 minutes since the disappearance of Sophie Troy

Eliza climbed into the passengers seat of the car hesitantly. She knew from previous experience that Reid didn't really like to drive, but she didn't question him when he took the keys and got in the driver's seat. The silence between the two was awkward, to say the least, but Eliza was sure what to say to break the ice. After a few too many minutes of silence, she spoke.

"So, how have you been?" she asked, turning to Reid slightly.

"Fine," he replied, not taking his eyes off the road.

"How's your mum?" she tried again.

"Fine."

"Did you read any good books recently?"

"Yes."

"Any-"

"I'd actually be much more comfortable if we rode in silence," Reid cut her off. He reached over, turning up the music on the radio even though it was a song neither of them knew. Eliza nodded, settling into her seat. It took far too much uncomfortable silence before they arrived at the location. Again, Reid took off leaving Eliza to follow him. They climbed the stairs of the building, and upon reaching the door Eliza knocked. Multiple locks were unlocked, and the door was opened though it was still fastened by the chain. A woman with red hair was looking at them rather critically.

"Hi! We're looking for Loker," Eliza said cheerily. The door closed for a brief moment, enough time for Loker to unlock the chain. She then opened the door wide, allowing the two agents to step in.

"I'm Dorian Loker," she introduced herself as she closed and locked the door behind them. "You must be from the BAU."

"He is, I'm not," Eliza clarified. "Agent Eliza Doyle." The two women shook hands and then Loker turned to Reid.

"Uh, yeah, I'm Spencer." Loker offered her hand to shake. "I don't really shake h..." he was cut off by Loker patting his hand slightly awkwardly.

"Great." Loker walked towards the bedroom, taking off her robe as she did. It was just a cover, she was fully dressed underneath. "We're set up in here. The apartment's directly across the courtyard. The guys just left to get breakfast."

"What do we know about them?" Reid asked.

Eliza opened a file and began reading, "Roman Azarof and Taras Yudin work at a trucking company in Anacostia, but really it's just a front for the Russian mob. Roman's bad news though. He assaulted a shopkeeper with a chain saw back in 2008."

"Which one has the uncle that may have kidnapped Sophia Troy?" asked Reid, ignoring Eliza.

"Taras," said Loker, "and 'uncle' is a loose term. As far as we know, Taras has no blood relatives in the U.S. He's only been here two years."