Chapter 4 Denki Kaminari

ok, this is going to be sad, probally. Also, not a danki and y/n. Sorry if thats what you wanted.

Summary:

Denki starts a good career as a hero. And is happy... on the outside. He takes a major break without telling the media (only class 1a friends, Aizawa, and his boss know). If anyone that knows is questioned they simply just say: "He's on vacation."He never specifies why he needed the break. After awhile (3 years) he says what happened. He tells his story.

"Here to tell his story is the person that everyone has been wondering about for the past 3 years... Stun Gun Hero: Chargebolt otherwise known as Denki Kaminari!" the news reporter said.

As Denki walked out onto the stage the cheers were so loud. He was practically shaking with both excitement and fear. Lucky for everyone he wore the fidget ring Y/n gave him.

Excitedly, he took the microphone laughing awkwardly, everyone stopped cheering to see what he was going to say. He said: "It's a bit cold out here isn't it. I can't believe you all came out in the middle of winter to stand outside and listen to me". The cheers were louder now. "I missed you all!" Denki yelled into the microphone. "We missed you!" some people in the crowd shouted back. He laughed again.

"Ok, first of all, I want to thank all of you for being here to listen to me. Before, it felt like people only heard what they wanted to when I talked but now you're all here to listen to me. I wonder why now?" Denki said.

"Well, that doesn't matter. What does matter is that it has been too long. It took me disappearing for anyone to notice that there was something wrong. I wasn't happy, I was just content enough. Content enough with what I did, how I lived. I didn't care what anyone else did. I was tired but I was also okay." Denki said, pausing, searching for his next words.

"How long do I have left? I don't want to take up your time talking about less important things..." Denki asked. "You have all the time you want. All the news stations are playing until 10:00 pm. Or until you are done." A reporter said. "Oh... ok. In that case. I have a story inside of this story." Denki said, looking at the digital clock to the side of the stage.

"Umm. I probably shouldn't be sharing this with the world but before the three years I was gone I had multiple doctor visits. At first the doctors didn't see anything wrong with me. I was what they considered healthy and even the world thought I was fine. I was healthy, other than feeling sad sometimes. It wasn't bad until I kept having to be around so many people. Helping you all wasn't the problem. I loved helping y'all that's why I showed up to work everyday." Denki said.

"My last mission before my disappearance, My Friends and family bribed the news stations not to show that one. Do y'all remember the articles and rumors about me? The ones claiming I was the only hero at the Attack of 20? I saved everyone but I wasn't alone, Red Riot and Dynamite were there too. The villain was there, holding someone I love hostage. No one knew about this until... Well, now. There weren't just 20 people there like everyone thought. There was one more. God, so many misunderstandings." Denki said.

"The person that I'm talking about. No one knew them. No one will ever know them, my child, Velin, they were three years old. My love, my hope, my life. They died that night in the hands of the unnamed villain. They killed 'em. Right in front of me. I ended up... I broke. My whole life fell apart at that moment. Both of my friends almost died as well. But not because of the vilain, it was because of me. I was so mad I shocked them to let me go. They didn't and their grip tightened. Eraserhead was there to stop me before I actually killed them. That happened three and a half years ago. And they have all forgiven me but I can't seem to forgive myself." Denki said.

He laughed awkwardly again. "I still say sorry to them every time I see them. Anyways, I had undiagnosed PTSD for about half a year after that. I grew further apart from people I love and didn't contribute as much to my work as I should have. I ended up telling my Boss what the doctor said. I can't ever work again because of it. So, this is my last hero appearance but as you all know I have started a backup career as a singer, songwriter" Denki said.

"During the rest of the two years I have been working on myself. I had a bunch of help and support throughout all of it: Y/n, My friends and Family. I thank you all for helping me through the past years. I also thank everyone for something out here to listen to me talk for the past hour and a half. I will miss helping everyone and being a hero but the price of it will benefit both me and y'all." Denki said.

The cameras cut off of the live feeds. "Since we all don't want to end on sad notes y'all are welcome to hangout here and enjoy the party as well as talk to me. I will be set up in the small shack over there and a few people will be let in at a time to talk to me for a bit. There's also my friends, some of the other heroes. Thank y'all again for joining me and listening to my story. I love y'all so much!" Denki said, pointing to a building.

He walked off the stage and went to set up and take a short break. "Hey, are you sure you want to interact with them?" Kirishima asked. "Yeah, you kept fidgeting with your ring." Izuku said. "Yeah, I'm fine. You guys will be with me anyways. So if I need to go take a break we can tell them to stop the line for a bit. Plus, I spent the last year getting back into society. You guys helped me alot. Thank you so much." Denki said, tearing up but not crying. "We will alway be here. We can't do anything without you."