Chapter Eight: The Failure to Understand.

(Sorry for the lack of posting, I hope you can all forgive me, I hope you enjoy).

The drawing room, defined as a quiet place to express creativity, love, and respect, felt more intimidating then Pomegranate had imagined as she entered the dead natured themed house. The small, pendulum clock swung left to right, making time feel slow, yet intimidating as Pomegranate looked at the cookie sitting across with her, the one who lost his eye.

Herb glared, yet giving a slight grin as Pomegranate glared back, her serious face still intact, acting as emotionless as possible, yet feeling slightly on edge, knowing Herb was not his true self. Ever since the conversation behind the bar, after Pomegranate having a rather "exaggerative" mental breakdown yesterday, yet it almost felt like barely an hour ago.

The pendulum, swung left to right, intimidatingly as the clock continued to swing impatiently, the silence flowing through the room as Pomegranate's crimson eyes analysed Herb's brown yet emotionless eye, his other eye being bandaged, it still slightly bled out from the bandage, however, it never caused Pomegranate to feel proud, but guilt. Guilt at the realization of one of her victims to abuse, was abused by another abuser, and she didn't even do anything despite her promising she would change.

Yet she chose to smoke out her problems instead of actually sorting them out. No wonder her own sister started to hate her, at least, that's what Pomegranate thought.

"It's quite boring here, don't you agree?" Herb asked as he interrupted the silence as he picked up his glass of water and nibbled on it slightly before putting it down, closing his eyes as he nibbled it before looking back into Pomegranate's crimson nerve racking eyes.

"I was expecting someone like you to be a lot more... 'insulting' due to my current state and nature. Have you by chance realized how much of a piece of shit you were to me?"

"I don't know what to talk about," Pomegranate said, trying to calm herself down at Herb's insult, trying to keep her anger in. She didn't know why it angered her, yet, maybe it angered her because deep down inside, she knew she was that exact definition of what his insult layered on her.

"Such a shame, I was expecting a better response," Herb chuckled as he put his hand towards his mouth to cover his laugh. "Possibly by throwing an object at me?"

Pomegranate slammed her hands on the table as Herb flinched slightly, his confident smile now wearing off, his eyes widening at how Pomegranate barely kept her composure.

"You dare bring up our relationship from the past? If it even were to be called that...," Pomegranate yelled slightly, muttering the last sentence to herself. "If you are here to insult my nature, then I won't hesitate to insult yours!"

"Clearly it shows how that 'pathetic' eye injury caused your tiny brain to empty out into the trash if you dare disrespect my name! I have tried to improve myself, I understand that I harmed you, but if you choose to only blame me, then I won't hesitate to blame you for constantly encouraging me to harm you!"

Herb stood silent, his face showing slight regret as he heard Pomegranate's side of the story. The worse thing was, it was true.

The old days of their relationship were... "odd" to say the least. Herb never really had anyone to go to, all except his once old childhood friend, Pomegranate. A once sweet soul who had many aspirations to become an all seeing eye of her once united kingdom of psychics and sorcerers alike. Pomegranate would always show her softness to those she cared about, even if you didn't know her for long, she would treat you as though you were a part of her family, and that is what happened to Herb. However, after fates were decided in her kingdom, she changed.