chapter 1; bye mom hi dad

authors note: i know latte and almond were never together but do i care? no <3

This chapter has some angst in the beginning, but that's it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walnut cookie was listening to her parents fight again, it happened on a daily by now, she's grown used to it. This day was different, something her mom said today would change everything.

"Why are mom and dad fighting again" Walnut cookie wailed, listening to her parents yell about things she couldn't understand, she didn't want to know what they we're saying anyways. "I wonder, what are they fighting about this time, me or something else?" Walnut cookie looked around her room, trying to figure out how to find out the answer, then Walnut cookie had an amazing idea, she grabbed her magnifying glass. "There! Now I'm a detective on the case of what mom and dad are fighting about! Let's search for clues!" Walnut cookie exclaimed, trying to turn the sad moment happy, for her at least. She leaned against her door, before hearing something she regretted ever hearing.

"I'M FILING A DIVORCE!" Latte cookie screamed at the top of her lungs, nearly loud enough for the whole city to hear.

Tears filled Walnut cookie's eyes, she knew her parents were never meant to be together, but wasn't expecting it to go like this.

Her dad screamed back, saying words that broke her even more, "GOOD!" She heard her dad say. Walnut cookie started sobbing, hearing her parents argue already made her upset, but now their getting divorced, her worst nightmare was coming.

She wondered, "Will I have to choose between mom or dad?!" She semi screamed, her parents didn't hear her over the sound of inaudible yelling.

She went to cry in her bed, the news was too much for her to process at the moment.

——————————5 years later——————————

Walnut was sitting with her dad in his office, looking at whatever he had been doing. "What's that dad?" Walnut cookie asked, pointing to a file.

Almond cookie sighed, "It's another report of Phantom Bleu," Almond took a sip of his coffee, "They're becoming more of a problem." Walnut cookie looked offended at the slightest mention of Phantom Bleu, Almond knew about the rivalry they had.

Walnut cookie nearly screamed, "What did Phantom Bleu do!? If they stole another important gem I will scream!" Almond tried to calm her down, so that way she didn't annoy any people near them.

"Woah woah kid calm down, no need to scream," Almond said, trying to stop Walnut from screaming. Almond added on, "And they did steal another gem."

Walnut nearly screamed, "Oh I'll get them for that-" Almond put his hand over Walnut's mouth, stopping her from screaming. Walnut moved his hand off of her mouth, "Don't try stopping me from getting them! I'll do it one day!" Walnut exclaimed angrily.

Almond checked the time, it was time for him to leave for work, "Well I've got to get to work kid, I'll see you when I get home, don't do anything too crazy!" He had to slightly yell the last part to Walnut could hear it.

"Don't worry I won't!" Walnut screamed back, before the door closed.