7 - The Competition Pt. 3

Darryl POV.

I leaned on the railing of my lifeguard tower holding my binoculars over my eyes so I could scan the crowd, this didn't last long once I got a little, distracted, Zak came into view he was talking with Jordan and Clay probably about potential moves he could do to impress the judges and get a clean sweep out of today. I smiled a little when the ravenette pulled his t-shirt off reveling his toned back he grabbed his bright blue surf shirt and pulled it over his head "Are you enjoying the view?" I jumped removing the binoculars as I quickly spun around seeing Techno standing there he was a few inches taller than me but didn't make him any less intimidating "Jeez Techno, you scared me." The taller chuckled leaning against the railing "That was the point, you're too busy drooling over Zak you didn't even hear me approach. You've been all over him for two years, make a move already."

I shook my head letting it hang low a little "I want to, but I don't wanna ruin what I have with him. We're already pretty flirty and as long as he is okay and comfortable that's fine by me." He snorted as he let out a giggle before he slapped my back shaking me a bit "Simp."

"I'm not a simp!"

"You literally are! As long as he's okay and comfortable that's fine by me!" He mimicked my voice as he dramatically slapped a hand over his heart "Shut up." I turned away from him looking over in the direction of Zak and saw a duo approaching him "Here comes trouble, Spifey and Finn are approaching Zak." I headed down the tower before looking back up at Techno seeing him still standing there "You coming?" The pinkette nodded jumping down pointing at Phil "My heat is next, I'll watch closely if it looks bad I'll come over." He headed over to Phil to help get his stuff into the boat, I groaned in annoyance, Techno is either always there to help out or he has something better to do, I turned on my heel as I started heading to Zak.

Nobody POV.

"Hey Zak!" The ravenette groaned recognizing the voice as he turned to face another competitor in a brown surf shirt "What do you want Spifey?"

"Oh just wanted to wish you luck, try not to get pulled out to sea again there won't be no dolphin to save you this time!" Finn laughed giving Spifey a high-five. Zak stood up letting out a low growl as he started to walk at the duo, Darryl reached out grabbing Zak's arm holding him back "Zak they're not worth your time." Zak groaned not paying any attention to his friend "Ugh! For the hundredth time there was a dolphin, and that was two years ago! Stop being salty that I still beat you at my comeback competition after months of me not touching the water!" He broke free of Darryls grip and lunged at Spifey only to be stopped once more by Techno stepping in "Is there a problem here?" He stood in between Zak and the duo blocking them from eachother, the pinkette looked down a little at Spifey waiting for an answer, Spifey let's out a small growl leaning to the side a bit to see Darryl gently pull Zak behind him taking his hand into his own "You can't hide behind him and your little lifeguard forever. Come on Finn." The two walked away from the trio annoyed. Techno sighed turning to Zak "How many times have I said to avoid him?"

Zak looked a Techno slightly shocked "What?! He came at me!" The taller raised an eyebrow looking at Darryl than back to Zak "And?" Zak rubbed the back of his neck groaning a little "I may have provoked him after his initial comment. And I was gonna throw the first swing." Darryl frowned turning Zak to look at him "You do realize you could get disqualified right?"

"Yeah yeah I know, he just makes me so angry ever since we were little he's just enjoyed picking on me." Zak crosses his arms in a huff "You give him a reaction, so he's gonna keep doing it. And he's trying to get in your head, and he seems to be doing a good job at it. I've got to prep my board I'll see you in the water." Techno ruffled Zaks hair as he walked away "Thank you Techno!" Darryl yelled to him as he walked away giving a wave as a response, the burnette turned back to Zak frowning a little "He's right you know." Zak sat on the ground and started to wax his board "Who and why?" The other sat down next to him on the sand looking at Zaks face seeing in his eyes he was upset "Spifey, there is gonna be a day where Techno won't be nearby, or I won't be there, I won't be able to protect you." Zak slammed the wax on the board snapping his head at Darryl "Well what if I don't want your protection? Ever since we've met thats all you've done!" His expression immediately softened realizing what he said "Darryl I-"