Chapter 4

Exiting the boats Harry and the rest of the students were led up the stairs and into true entrance hall. There they met a stern looking woman who Hagrid talked to "fis' y'rs mad'm McGonag'll" "yes thank you Hagrid" she said in her rich Scottish accent. She turned to the students and went over the rules but Harry tuned her out after a few seconds because Moony had already told him everything. She left after informing them that she will be informing the headmaster of their arrival. Turning to Draco, Harrison started talking about potions that was until an obnoxious voice caught there attention. "So it's true what they were saying on the train then, Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts" that voice was none other than Ron Weasley. Spotting Harry he slaunted over "Harry mate what you doing over here with these death eater scum, come you can hang out with me, Thomas and Finnigan" he sneered trying to grab Harry's arm. But Harry grabbed his wrist and twisted but not enough to break it and sneered "I am not your mate Weasley so I suggest you refrain from calling me as such and second of all Draco is my cousin if you didn't know I am a Potter-Black cousins to the Malfoy's we have our families back in times of need I'm sure if you looked in a family history book you would know not to insult a member of the family in front of another so now kindly do get away from me and get lost" he ended with a sickly sweet smile, Ron was about to say something when McGonagall came back "their ready for you now" she said and lead them into the great hall. Looking over the head table Harry could see Dumbledore looking at him with his grandfatherly facade in place so he looked away he skimmed the table when his eyes landed on Snape the man sneered at him but Harry just nodded his head in sign of respect this seemed to shock him. He was brought out of his trance by McGonagall "now when I call your name you will come up and be sorted into your house"
"Hannah Abbot"
"Hufflepuff"
"Susan Bones"
"Hufflepuff"
"Terry Boot"
"Ravenclaw"
Harry just tuned the rest out continuing to look around the great hall, he heard a girl whispering something about have read all about in 'Hogwarts: a history'. 'She sounds snobby and a know it all' he thought he was once again interrupted you the next name
"Draco Malfoy" Harry watched as his cousin went up the hat didn't even touch his head before booming
"Slytherin" he smirked at Draco who smirked back he looked around noticing he missed the Granger girl getting sorted he narrowed his eyes when he saw her in Gryffindor though honestly he thought she would be in Ravenclaw. He was snapped out of his thoughts when his name was called
"Harry Potter"
As he walked he noticed all eyes on him people were whispering
'Did she say The Harry Potter'
'He looks like a Gryffindor'
He took a seat on the stool as the hat was placed over his head
'Hmmm very difficult, very difficult indeed' 'ok let's cut to the chase where has the old fool told you to place me' 'Gryffindor but you are the Lord to all four houses and Hogwarts herself so you can choose where to be put' 'I want to be placed in Slytherin Alister because I am a parslemouth so I think the snake pit is where I should be put' 'of course young Lord, visit me sometime'
"Slytherin" the hat shouted this caused the entire hall to fall silent. Harry got up and walked like the Pureblood he is over to the Slytherin table and sat next to Draco. I look up to the staff table to see Severus sneering at me but that will soon change once I talk to him thoroughly though.

-------Time Skip------

After the feast we were lead down to the dungeons to the common room. The prefects stopped us outside the entrance "hello I'm Gemma Farley and this is Adrian Pucey, we are 6th year prefects. The password to the common room is 'Basilisk' if you forget it lets hope there is a Slytherin near by to let you in." Gemma said as she let us in the common room, where Professor Snape was standing in the middle of the common room. Gathering around him he started his speech "I am your head of house Professor Snape, while your are in my house I expect everyone to be behaved when outside this room this house is your family any disagreements should be sorted in here never outside. You are the next generation of Slytherins I hope you can make the great house of Salazar proud you have any questions see me or any Slytherin prefect. Now goodnight your lessons start tomorrow"
After he had finished everyone went to their respected dorms while Harrison hung back in order to speak with Snape "excuse me sir can I talk with you in private" he asked, Snape just sneered but nodded anyway and lead him down to his office. Getting seated Harrison started speaking "is your name Severus by any chance professor"
"Yes why do you ask" Snape was curious now
"So your my uncle sev that my mum used to tell me about when I was a baby and named you my uncle because your her brother is what she said" Harry explained to Snape who seemed to be trying to figure out if he's lying.
"Don't speak of her name" Snape growled at him angrily
"I mean no disrespect sir but she left some things in my possession stating they were to go to you along with a letter explaining things to you" he told him while doing the spell that would make everything Lily give Harry for Severus appear in front of him.
Leaving them with Snape Harrison stood up and walked to the door, but before he left he turned to Snape and said "she knew what would happen and told me to tell you she would always forgive you always because your her brother but also told me to make sure your never alone and to continue her legacy that she built with you alive goodnight uncle sev" and with that he left leaving Snape to look through everything his precious Lily left him.
Harry made it back to the Slytherin common room and made it to his own dorm for Slytherins heir and fell asleep excited for tomorrow and in hopes of getting his map off two mischievous red headed twins.

------------------------

After Harry left Severus sat behind his desk looking at all the things Lily left him. There was her: wand, potions books, picture albums of them as kids, and lots of other things.
He tried not to cry but he couldn't help it and let a few tears fall but he was not prepared for what was written in the letter.

'My dearest Sev,

If your reading this then that means I'm dead, I don't blame you for what has happened to me. I know what is going to happen to us and I want you to know I will always forgive and love you even when I'm not here don't ever doubt that.

Don't dwell on the past and look into the future, you have a family within harry, he is quite like me if you look properly but he is also like James but more humble. There is a few of my belongings left within this letter for you that I wish you to have.

My wand is left within this letter, I want you to have it because I got my wand with you on my first trip to the wizarding world. My wand will answer to both you and harry if you are ever in need of extra help or are unable to get your wand all you have to say is 'Lily flower'.

I ask of you to look after Harry if none of us is able to and please what ever you do don't trust Dumbledore me and the rest I.e. James, Sirius and Remus are dark not light, Dumbledore is manipulative and cruel do not trust him work with Voldemort and keep Harry safe from Dumbledore I beg you.

I love you very much,
Your dearest sister Lily xxx'

With tears streaming down his cheeks, Snape felt closure he didn't know he needed but was grateful for getting by reading this letter from his little sister. Picking up the album he noticed the title which said 'Sev and Me' (he chuckled at that) he opened it to the first page that held a photo of him and Lily sat next to a fountain with their hair blown in everyway with massive smiles on their faces laughing. he slowly traced Lily's face with his fingers and flipped through the pages noticing in all of the photos he had a smile on his face or was laughing-he was generally happy-.

he spent another hour looking through the potion books and everything else that she left him when he decided to retire to bed after noticing how late it was, he thought about the green eyed boy that was now in his house and thought 'I promise you lily I will keep him safe always' and with that he fell asleep ready for tomorrow.