the problem

"Stop that." Deo said to Tommy as Tommy pulled his hand away from his mouth.

"No more." Deo said and Tommy nodded in response.

"Your room is gonna be flooded with flowers I swear." Deo said as he realized how many flowers were around Tommy's room.

"We don't look at those" Tommy said moving deos head so he couldn't see the flowers.

"Mhm sureee" deo said rolling his eyes.

-

"Tommy" Wilbur said and out of instinct Tommy pulled his hand away from his mouth.

"Tommy, it's time to eat." Wilbur called and Tommy got up moving his hand back to his mouth.

"C'mon hurry up!" Wilbur said as Tommy sat down, one hand by his mouth and the other pulling on his own shirt.

-

"Tommy!" Philza said and Tommy looked up at him.

"Stop biting your nails!" Phil said as Tommy stared at the ground. Whenever he was told to stop doing something he normally stared at the ground. As a replacement Tommy put his chained necklace in his mouth, chewing on it throughout that night.

-

"Tommy?" Wilbur said with a questioning voice. Tommy nodded as if telling him he could talk.

"Why do they keep telling you to stop?" Wilbur asked and Tommy moved his hand near his mouth and bit twice before moving his hand back down.

"You bite your nails?" Tommy moved his hand as if he were knocking as door.

"Yes?" Tommy nodded again.

"I don't think philzas gonna let you do that forever cause he doesn't understand." Wilbur laughed at Tommy smiled.

-

Tommy felt his hand being moved slightly away from his mouth and he set his hand down on his lap. He liked that better than everyone just telling him to stop.

"There ya go" deo smiled and Tommy just nodded again deo.

"Here chew on this, k got it for you for a reason." Deo said moving the necklace up.

Deo had been one of the first people to notice that when Tommy couldn't bite his nails he'd chew his shirt instead, he happened to have a lot of holes in his shirts from that. It's why deo got him the necklace, it wasn't anything important so he could just chew it.

-

"Why are you chewing that! Tommy stop that!" Philza said though Tommy only went up to his room and continued to chew on the necklace.

-

"Why can't he chew that necklace? It's better than chewing his nails." Wilbur asked and philza sighed.

"Cause he'll destroy the damn thing." He said

"It's just a chain, he probably got it to stop chewing his nails, just leave him be." Wilbur said going toward his room.