1524 AD Australia

It's been years since the Eternals split up. Ada decided to stay with Gilgamesh to help care for Thena. She doesn't lose her control often, but it happens every once in a while. Whenever this happens, Ada pulls Thena's memories to the surface, hoping it'll help her remember. It doesn't always work, however. Sometimes it's not enough and she attacks them. That's where Gilgamesh comes in. Thankfully, Gilgamesh can handle Thena, otherwise she'd have to step in and do something she hates.

     Tonight is calm. Thena sleeps peacefully on her cot and Gilgamesh sits awake in the kitchen, nursing his mug of homemade whisky. Ada sits alone outside, letting the soft breeze play with her hair. The stars above twinkle loudly, begging for her attention.

     "Ada?" She's surprised to hear his voice. She hasn't spoken to him in years.

     She hesitates for a moment. "Druig? So now you wanna talk to me, huh?"

     "I know. Look...I'm sorry, it was a mistake. I shouldn't have shut you out like that. I just thought...if you asked me to stay, I wouldn't be able to say no. And I knew I couldn't stay with them anymore." Ada knows his apology is genuine. Druig isn't usually one to apologize, so these aren't words she's used to hearing.

     "I wasn't trying to stop you, Druig. I wanted to go with you."

     "Then why didn't you come after me?"

     "Kingo wouldn't let me." she sighs aloud, remembering that moment.

     "And you listened to him?"

     "No. He held me back and refused to let me go until he was certain you were gone. He said it was for my own good." She pauses for a moment, before continuing, "If I followed you, would you have been mad?"

     "Of course not. I could never be mad at you. Did Kingo tell you that?" he takes her silence as an answer, "I'm sorry Ada. If I'd known you wanted to come, I would've gladly accepted the company."

     "It's okay. It's not your fault anyway. It's Kingo's, really. I just wish you didn't shut me out."

     "I won't do it again, I promise you that."

     "Good."

     The two continue on with their conversation for hours. To them, it didn't even feel like they hadn't talked in years. Their friendship picked up right where they left off. Druig talked to her about his village and how it was prospering. Ada told him she was staying with Gilgamesh and Thena. He was thankful to hear she wasn't alone. That's when he got the idea.

     "What if you came and stayed with me?" he offers.

     "Druig, as much as I'd love to, I can't. Gilgamesh needs me. What if he can't handle Thena on his own and I have to..." she stops. Ada didn't enjoy using her abilities to their full extent. She was afraid how powerful they could get. The fact that she could hold the someone's life in her hands, freaked her out. She especially hated the idea of using them on the other Eternals...her family. So she never did. In fact, most of them don't even know what she's fully capable of. Ajak knows because she trained her how to use them. Druig knows because he's the one that talked her down from the panic attacks. And Gilgamesh only knows because she told him herself, although, he still doesn't know everything. It's not that she couldn't control it, she could. But that didn't stop her from worrying. Her fears haunted her dreams, keeping her awake most nights. But, it was nights like those where her and Druig would sneak in the kitchen, steal some snacks, and sit outside watching the stars. Laughing about the dumbest things until the sun rose was something Ada missed doing. She was thankful she had Druig in her life and she wished she didn't have to tell him no, but she felt like she didn't have a choice.