The Emergence

Phastos comes running into the lab holding the sphere Ajak had used to communicate with Arishem. Thena and Sersi follow a few paces behind. He pulls all the broken pieces off the floor and morphs them back together. Using the orb's power, he creates the bracelets that'll allow them the ability to connect to one another, activating the Uni-Mind. Proud of his work, Phastos hands everyone their own bracelet.

     A gold and salmon colored suit materializes around Ada's body. She pulls her hair back, securing it with an elastic at the crown of her head. Sliding the golden band over her hand, the bracelet adjusts to her wrist and activates itself.

     Ada wipes her hands on her pants, then takes a deep breath. She's not used to fighting so much. Over the past three days, she's gone up against more Deviants than she's ever had to fight in her entire life. And now, she's about to go up against Ikaris and Sprite and a Celestial. It's a little overwhelming for her.

     Ikaris said he's willing to kill them if he has to. Ada wonders if she's ready to do the same. She's never gone up against her own family with the intent to kill, and she wishes she didn't have to. But, they are running out of time. The Emergence will start soon, and Tiamut will rise if they don't stop him in time. She just wishes that Ikaris didn't know their plan already. That makes it significantly more difficult to defeat him. She also hopes Thena is able to distract him long enough for Druig to put Tiamut to sleep.

     Thena and Phastos stay on the Domo as Makkari speeds Sersi, Druig, and Ada down to the island. They watch as Ikaris flies at the Domo, disappearing inside. Sprite must be on the island somewhere, they just don't know where. Now's their chance. They all activate their bands.

     The four begin levitating, transferring their power to Druig. Once the two remaining beams join them, an energy shield forms around the four. Druig's eyes glow as he puts Tiamut to sleep. The raging volcano dozes off, temporarily pausing the Emergence. 

     However, their success is short-lived. Ikaris knocks Druig down to the ground and their connection breaks. The three descend until their feet reunite with the land. Ikaris swoops down.

     "I should have done this five centuries ago!" Ikaris was seething. Rage dripped from his teeth as he spoke. He lifts Druig by the throat and flies the two of them up until Ada could barely see the shapes of their bodies. He throws Druig's body before blasting him with beams of energy, sending him crashing down to Earth.

     A blood curdling scream erupts from Ada's throat. The nerves in her body are replaced with pure heartbreak and terror. Tears fall down her cheeks like a flash flood.

     Ikaris flies at the Domo, firing beams at it. It begins crashing to the ground. Sersi lifts her hands, about to transform the ship's matter, but Makkari pulls her out of its path. With trembling hands, Ada attempts to slow the Domo's impact. She partially succeeds. Her lack of focus prevents her from taking full control over it. The ship crashes into the Earth with minimal damage. It could be easily repaired once the fight is over.

     Makkari dashes into the ship and pulls Thena and Phastos out to safety. Ikaris returns, landing beside the group.

     "Druig's gone. It's over," he informs them.

     Not only was he responsible for Ajak and Gilgameshs' deaths, but now he's killed her best friend. Blinded by her emotions, Ada mind takes hold of Ikaris' body and sends him crashing into the rocks. After a few seconds, he flies up, but Ada raises her hand, grabbing hold of him again. She sends him crashing to the ground with no mercy. His body slams onto the dirt with a loud thump. A small dust cloud forms around him.