junkyard

millie's pov:-

"no no, you dont need to come, i'll be fine-", i tried to make sadie understand.

-"you yourself just said that the place was sketchy"

"I'LL BE FINE, YOU CAN RELAX"

-"okay but if something goes wrong, im just a phone call away"

"i know, thanks"

-"ok bye then, get ready"

"yeah, yeah bye", i said and hung up.

i hurriedly dressed up.

"heyyyy, dad, so, um", i tried to tell him that i was going out.

"yes?", he said to me, looking up from the board game he was setting up for us to play.

"so, uh, there's this test coming up and i thought i'd go over to sadie's for studying? could we take a raincheck on the boardgame?", i asked him.

"since when do you ditch boardgame day with me", my dad joked.

"sorry...", i said, still waiting for him to say yes.

"its okay, kid. you're growing up, it isnt natural for kids your age to stay home and play games with their dad.", he said to me.

"so i can go?", i asked him.

"yes sure"

"thanks dad", i thanked him, smiling.

"study well", he said to me and i left, giving him a nod.

"alright, 88 wind ringe street, here i come", i muttered to myself, and started walking in the direction that google maps showed me.

after a whole lot of walking i finally reached a decent looking building.

"okay", i said and took a deep breath. "here goes nothing"

i walked straight toward the glass gates. before i could enter a security guard stopped me.

"are you here for the reception?", he asked me. i stared at him in confusion.

"i-..."

"could i see your invitation?", he asked me.

"um, im actually here to meet someone called y/n l/n? is she here?", i asked the guard. he tried to remember but could not come up with anything.

"no, you must be mistaken. there's no bookings by y/n l/n here today", he said to me.

"oh...must've gotten the wrong place then. thanks though", i said. did i get stood up today or did i actually come to the wrong place?

"oi", i heard someone shout from behind me. i turned around to see a boy sitting on a motorbike.

"yes you, im talking to you", he said, pointing at me.

"what"

"you're looking for y/n?", he asked me. i nodded a yes.

"yes. you know her?", i asked him.

"yeah. i do. did she invite you here?", he asked me. i could not see his face because he was wearing his helmet.

"she did, she, uh, sent me the address", i said to the boy. he nodded.

"88 wind ringe?", he asked me for confirmation.

"yes"

"come with me.", he said to me.

"uh-"

"just come", he said, getting frustrated.

"ALRIGHT damn", i said and jogged behind him as he sped away on his motorcycle.