a good fight

millie's pov:-

a couple days after i got y/n to go to school, i met up with the mpc at the drive in movie theater. i wandered through the lot, looking for their cars. 

"millie! there you are! get over here, you're gonna miss the best part!", gaten exclaimed on seeing me. 

"it hasn't even started yet", maeve said from her own car. 

"yeah, the whole thing is the best part!", gaten said, still excited. 

y/n stepped out of her car to greet me. 

"troublemaker. you made it", she said, smiling at me wide. 

"that i did"

"when gaten found out they were playing infinite here, he wouldn't shut up until we all agreed to go", y/n said with a chuckle. 

"it has the definitive cinematic car chase ever. maybe three of the top five ever", gaten said, holding his smile. i nodded my head, my eyes gliding over the rest of the crew. 

"woah, surprised that you decided to tag along, finn", i said, my eyes stopping on him. 

"my dad had private business. didnt want anybody around the shop, least of all, me", he said. my mind drifted back to the night that i saw wolfhard alone outside with the dodger hat guy. 

"does your dad know where you are?", y/n asked, turning to me. 

"i told him i was out with friends...which is true. but he's not happy that im so out of his control these days", i replied to her. my dad was very protective but it became overbearing at times. at least i could convince him to let me go out. 

"does he...uh, have you heard him say anything about the mpc anymore?", she asked me, biting her lip. 

"nothing new", i said to her, shaking my head. 

"its starting, its starting!", gaten said to us, his eyes glued to the screen. 

"why dont you grab a seat in one of the cars, millie? plenty of space", ximena said. 

my eyes flitted between y/n and maeve's cars before finally resting on y/n's. i opened the passenger door of her GT and took a seat. 

"looks like you chose me", she said to me, winking. 

"shut up, you know i'd always choose you", i said to her, swatting at her arm. she laughed. 

"no, seriously, what if you had to choose between me and the entire crew? who would you choose?", she asked me. i exhaled, still smiling and looking at her eyes. 

"i told you. i wouldn't trade the world for you", i said to her softly, leaning closer to her. i could see her pupils dilate as i felt her lips on me, so sweet, so gentle. 

we broke apart to a ringing on y/n's phone. i noticed an incoming call from wolfhard. 

"oh shit, this might take some time. i'll go outside and talk to him ok? you can sit with someone if you're bored. sorry", she said and hurried out, kissing the crown of my head. 

"yes boss", i heard her voice fade away as she walked farther. 

i waited in the car for a few minutes, focusing solely on the movie. getting bored like y/n predicted i would, i opened the car door and walked out. 

walking around the cars, i slid inside maeve's halbedier EVX. wow, even i was starting to remember names. 

"mind if i join you?", i asked her, already sitting down.