aylesbury

y/n's pov:-

"salazar. give caleb another chance", i spoke out clearly, giving salazar a last opportunity to let caleb's truck go before i destroyed him in the race.

"ah yes, you expect me to listen to a 12 year old now?", salazar shot back. i chuckled, shaking my head.

"im 17"

"you're still a kid, so you can stay out of it", salazar said to me.

"would you be able to win a race against this kid though?", i smirked and asked salazar, challenging him.

"there's no reason not to", salazar proudly said.

"then lets see put your skills to test. race me", i said, crossing my arms.

"no thanks", he said.

"does that mean you're afraid of losing against me?", i asked him, looking smug so i could convince him into racing with me.

"oh my god", he muttered. "OKAY. FINE. ill race with you", he said to me.

"very well. but i have a condition", i started speaking.

"now what? are you gonna ask me to lose against you under all circumstances?", he asked me, rolling his eyes. i laughed, looking at the ground.

"no."

"then?"

"if...i win, you're gonna have to give me caleb's truck back", i placed my condition in front of him.

"so that was your plan all along", salazar said.

"might be"

"alright. you'll get the truck. BUT...if i win, then i get to keep the truck and also the car you're racing with. deal?", salazar asked me. i thought about it for a while, then slowly nodded a yes.

"deal"

"very well then. to the starting point", he said.

i started walking towards my very own yellow devore GT, when i heard someone shout something at me from behind.

"DO YOU THINK YOU'LL BE RACING IN THAT?", salazar shouted at me from a distance.

"YES"

he walked towards me.

"i want a costlier car. i already have two devore GTs.", he said to me, a threatening tone in his voice.

"no one asked you to flex your car collection here", i snapped back to him. from the corner of my eye, i could see millie stifle a laugh.

"i. want. a. costlier. car.", salazar stayed stubborn. i heaved a sigh. my hands slowly went to my pocket, grabbing the keys tightly.

i slowly pulled it out as salazar watched.

"is that...", he started but trailed off, staring at the keys.

"yes", i replied for him.

"what is it, y/n?", millie whispered in my ear.

"wolfhard's car", i whispered back. i saw her eyes go to wolfhard's dark green aylesbury and so did salazar's.

"so you'll be racing in wolfhard's car?", salazar asked me, for reassurance.

i grit my teeth, thinking about it once more. it was risky, sure, but i had to win back caleb his food truck. i made up my mind.

i nodded at salazar.

"yes. its you against me in wolfhard's aylesbury. i win, i get the food truck; you win, you get to keep the food truck and also the aylesbury. deal?"