Chapter 5 - The Fight

Atsuko looked around. All the guards were bareheaded including Oshira and all of them had katana's ready for a fight. Atsuko pulled out one of his katana's and held it before him in the simplest position. 3 of the men started to walk to him. Atsuko knew he had to play this smart to win. The first man lifted his katana above his head, ready to strike. Atsuko remembered the light and quickly grabbed another throwing star and threw it at the light. The lamp shattered, creating a pitch-black room. At least for the guards, Atsuko protected his eyes from the light the entire time, so his eyes got used to the dark quickly so he could see good enough to identify the enemy shades. He quickly jumped to the side to evade the katana of the man that had attacked first and quickly grabbed his other katana and stood completely still.

The only way they were going to find him was with the sound he made because of the sudden loss of light that made them blind. Atsuko pierced the first man with his katana's. His katana's hit the man in his chest and stomach, fatally wounding him. After stepping out of the way, the body fell over and he heard other guards walking to the fallen body. Quietly walking to the outer circle of me, he identified one that stood almost alone. He tried the same as Atsuko did: listening to sounds, but Atsuko made no noise. He came up to the man and slashed twice across his chest. He screamed in pain as Atsuko walked to the other side of the room. The guards walked in groups towards the yelling guard and that gave Atsuko the chance to try a move. He identified one group of 4 men and sneaked between them. he put his katana under his armpit and quickly pushed them back, into the 2 men behind him. As they fell, Atsuko turned his katana's around and slashed them together one across the neck and the other in the back.

Atsuko knew that he needed some men alive to question. The next two men got surprised by him and Atsuko quickly cut them both across the lower leg, slicing their muscles and making them unable to walk. On the other side, Atsuko saw 3 men together. He went there and stood before them. apparently, the first man felt something, and he swept his katana to where Atsuko stood, but Atsuko did a step back and sliced the guard's arm right off. while the arm with the katana fell on the ground, the guard cried because of the pain, the man kneeled, holding the stump with his other hand. The other two heard the man fall but didn't know where Atsuko was. Atsuko had quickly moved behind them and he pushed his katana right through their backs.

The men started to see better in the dark. Their eyes finally got used to the dark. Atsuko went to another group of three and got surprised by a katana, almost hitting him in the head. He smoothly stepped back and deflected it with his katana. With his other katana, he killed the man by hitting him with the pommel on the head. The other two now saw Atsuko too and both attacked him together. Atsuko kicked one of them in the chest, pushing him back, while hitting the other man's arm, making him drop his sword. Atsuko quickly turned around to see the man that he pushed back charging at him with his katana straight for Atsuko's chest, but Atsuko knew what to do. With one katana, he slammed the katana of the man to the side, while with the other piercing the man.

The rest of the men was used to the lack of light now and could see the same as Atsuko could the whole time. They grouped at the other side of the room and finally noticed that of the 20 men, only 8 were still able to fight. Atsuko saw that Oshira hide himself behind the group of men. Atsuko slid one of his katana's back in the sheath and grabbed his other katana with both hands. With a quick move, he grabbed the last throwing star and threw it, between the guards, in the right leg of Oshira as he said: "This time, you won't run off" as Oshira fell to the ground. Atsuko had one last trick up his sleeve. With one katana in the hand, he charged at the men. With 10 feet left, he turned around, throwing a small bag from his sleeve at the men. The moment the bag hit the ground; a white flash erupted from it and a bang that was loud enough to disorientate the men. The men were blinded by the flash while Atsuko was safely turned around. He turned to the disoriented man and ran at them again. He sliced two men across the throat and quickly made a backflip back to create some distance. As the remaining 6 rubbed their eyes as Atsuko sheathed his katana and waited. The man could finally see again and noticed that Atsuko put his katana away. "I will give you the chance to go back to Hatso without killing you, but you'll need to go right now.

The 6 men looked at each other. The ease with which Atsuko just killed almost all their men was astonishing. the man looked at each other and one quickly ran to the door, broke it open, and ran off. the second and third man also ran off. they kept looking over their shoulders, thinking Atsuko would follow them. but he didn't and the last 3 also-rans of. Atsuko walked to the few that only were injured and dragged them to a wall and collected their swords. Oshira still had the throwing star in his leg and couldn't walk. Atsuko threw him against the wall and said: "now we are going to have a nice chat."

After the harsh interrogation, Atsuko knew where he could find Hatso. He had a present for him that he wanted to deliver himself. he grabbed a bag and put the swords in it. 14 in total. He left the interrogated behind and went home. By using the shadows and looking over his shoulder, he made sure that he wasn't followed.

At home, he cleaned his katana's and put the bag with swords in the closet. He lighted some candles at the cabinet and prayed again. Talking about the information he gathered and that he was getting closer and closer to finding Hebi. After the prayer, he grabbed his notebook and started writing. After he was done, he started reading all the information he had gathered from the beginning. He knew he was finally getting closer.