Chapter 8 - The Old Factory

Later that night, Atsuko followed the boy. He went home and after entering his house, Atsuko went home as well, but not before he visited the grave of his mother, father, and sister. He thought that it would be done by now but the fake Hebi delayed his plan. After that, he went home. He knew that Hebi was expecting him because he wouldn't use a decoy if he didn't expect an attack.

The next day, he went back to the house of the boy. As planned, the boy left his house on time for a walk. Atsuko followed the boy to a remote building, just outside the city. The boy went in after one of the guards patted him down and took his katana and tanto. After waiting for half a minute, Atsuko walked up to the guards and wanted to casually walk in but the guards stopped him. One said: "Hey man, you can't go in with those katana's on your hip." Atsuko looked from one guard to the other and back. He saw they weren't going to change their minds, so he slowly reached for his katana's. he quickly pulled them out and sliced the strap hat hold the katana's of the guards, and before their katana's hit the ground, he sheathed his again. The men looked at each other as Atsuko said: "if I were you, I would go home, to your wife. If you stay any longer, you won't see them anymore." One of the guards tried to pick up his katana but with a firm kick, Atsuko stopped him. "Try that again if you want to die." Those will be there tomorrow. The guard that got kicked quickly walked away, the other tried to dive to his sword but Atsuko was faster, unsheathing his katana and cutting deep into his arm. "I told you not to." As he opened the door himself and walked in.

He entered into a hallway, he heard from the other side of the building: "He indeed came. He must have followed Hatso." A way too familiar voice said: "What happened to Hatso." Atsuko came closer to the sound as he hear the boy say: "He killed him just before I could kill him. "Good." the familiar voice said. Atsuko walked up to the room they were in as he heard a gasp. He carefully looked in and saw Hebi. The boy was on his knees, blood sprayed out of his throat. As Hebi pushed him over, he said: "I knew he was lying you know. You can't just kill The Ghost. He isn't ready to die yet." Atsuko walked into the room and positioned him across Hebi. "then, why didn't you come yourself to finish the job?" Hebi cleaned his sword and sheathed it while saying: "I want to choose the place we fight. I will finally know if you are good enough."

Atsuko jumped forward, unsheathing one of his swords in the jump, hoping that one quick strike would be enough but Hebi was fast and drew his sword in time to block while stepping back. "I see you got an official katana now. Who thought you to fight like this. was it, Nakao?" Atsuko rolled back and said: "Yes he did. And those people beneath you were good practice. Maybe you should train them better to keep the real danger out." Atsuko ran towards Hebi, sliding at the last moment and trying to slice his leg, but he simply jumped over it, and as Atsuko turned around, he quickly blocked a blow from behind. "No need for that, I like myself some fun. Those guards are replaceable." H said smirking. He quickly tried to kick Atsuko in the back, but Atsuko quickly turned out of the way and swung his sword to Hebi's throat. Hebi easily parried it and his sword would have spliced Atsuko's head in two if he wasn't so quick with his block.

Hebi now tried to kick dirt into Atsuko's eyes but he was prepared, quickly rolling out of the way. "You got any new tricks?" Atsuko asked as he quickly stood up. "Could ask you the same, but you showed me some of your tricks already. Did the dance lessons work?" "Apparently," Atsuko said as he jumped towards Hebi. In the jump, he quickly grabbed a throwing star and threw it at hebi. He stepped aside as Atsuko predicted but his katana again deflected his swing. "you'll need to come up with something better." Hebi said as Atsuko stood in front of him.

Hebi quickly came at Atsuko with his sword aimed straight for his chest. Atsuko deflected with one katana and managed to hit Hebi In the chest with his other katana. As Hebi quickly jumped back, he saw the cut in his clothes and a little bit of blood coming out of them. It wasn't a deep wound and he didn't think twice before striking back and Atsuko had just enough time to step aside. The katana hit the cotton of his pants, ripping it apart. Atsuko took another step back and started running at Hebi. Aiming for his right arm, he made a horizontal slash but last at the last moment, he dived to the ground at Hebi's left side, kicking hard against his left leg. As Atsuko stood up, Hebi landed flat on his back, pushing all the air out of his lungs. Atsuko sheathed one of his katana's and grabbed the other with both hands. He stepped over Hebi's legs, ready to split his head in two. He said: "My athletics tricks seemed to help." Hebi smirked and said: "You're talking too much." He pushed himself a little back as he kicked as hard as he could against Atsuko's knee. Atsuko heard something crack as he fell to the ground in pain. He could have predicted that Hebi didn't play by the rules but this was just evil. He didn't scream but the tears said enough. He finally was close to revenge, to killing Hebi but now that chance was gone.

Hebi stood up and sheathed his sword. "Not yet Atsuko. You've become strong, but not strong enough." As he smirked, he walked out the door, leaving Atsuko on the ground. He sat up and looked at his knee. After a quick examination, he concluded that it was dislocated. He knew that it would be around six weeks before he could walk normally. He would train extra hard. He would think of tricks that would help him. Next time, Hebi wouldn't win.

Atsuko carefully grabbed his leg and with a quick snap, he put his knee back. It hurt like hell but he needed to go home. He carefully stood up. Every time he stood on his leg, pain struck through it. He slowly walked to his dropped katana, not putting too much pressure on the leg. After he got his katana, he slowly walked home.

At home, he put the cap and mask next to the door, grabbed the notebook, and sat down in his bed. He carefully put his leg on the bed as he read the notes he had taken the past weeks. It didn't make a difference. All the work he put in was gone. Atsuko had killed Hatso, the only person that he knew was close to Hebi, so he needs to find new information about Hebi Without him expecting it.

After reading the now useless notes, he angrily threw the notebook against the wall. He still couldn't believe it had all been for nothing.