Chapter 7 - Hebi

Atsuko had followed Hatso into the forest. Using the trees and shadows to cover himself. He had noticed the small move off track from Hatso and after Hatso continued, he went to the place Hatso went off track. At first, he didn't notice the hole in the tree and walked past it. He knew that Hatso didn't go far off track but that it had a reason. He walked back to the trail but this time, he noticed the hole. He took the note and read it. It said:

"We need to meet. Come to Kurai Alley tomorrow. I need your help.

-Hatso"

Atsuko knew that this was his chance to get closer to Hebi than he had been. He put the note back and quickly went after Hatso. But he didn't do anything else except walk home. Atsuko's plan had worked. He made Hatso paranoid and forced a meeting with Hebi and now it happened. He went home quickly. He wrote it all down at home and started to sharpen his katana's. he knew that Hebi would fight dirty again, but he was prepared.

The next morning, he started training. his moves were smoother than ever, and his katanas flew through the air like the wind itself. He trained all morning until the afternoon. He again sharpened his swords. He took a quick walk to the tree with the note and saw it was gone. After returning home, he prayed and took some dinner and after that, he took his gear and went to the alley Hatso named for the meeting.

At Kurai Alley, Atsuko saw that it was a narrow street and all, but one light was off. The only light was at a T corner. He climbed onto a roof and waited. It was dark already and he was well hidden. After waiting for a while, he saw Hatso walking to the light. At the light, he looked around and waited with his back to Atsuko. All of the sudden, a figure in black walked into the light but Atsuko didn't see him coming. He had a scarf before his face and a hood disguising him. The two men stood there in silence for a moment before Hatso bowed and said: "Hebi, I need your help." The man, Hatso called Hebi said: "What is it you need help with?" but before Hatso could answer, 2 throwing stars flew through the air, hitting him horizontally in the neck. only inches away from each other, they had cut Hatso's spine. As Hatso's eyes widened he gasped and fell over. A confused "what?" came from Hebi as Atsuko drew his katana's and jumped from the roof.

 He landed on one foot and one knee, looking at the ground and the katanas with his hands on the ground. It wasn't a high jump, and it didn't hurt Atsuko. As he stood up, he kept the cap down to prevent Hebi from looking in his eyes and said: "I am it, he needs help with." Hebi looked more confused than intimidating as he said:" and who are you if I might ask?" Atsuko replied: "I am the one they call "The Ghost." And I've been looking for you, Hebi." "And what do you want from me?" Hebi asked but he suddenly grabbed his katana and tried to behead Atsuko, but Atsuko was prepared for this. He easily blocked the blow and kicked Hebi in the chest, pushing him back and Hebi fell back. Atsuko said: "a year ago, you took my family from me. Now I am going to take your life." Hebi stood up and said: "I didn't kill your family." Atsuko took two steps forwards and aimed for Hebi's chest, but Hebi parried it. Atsuko quickly turned around for the second swing at his head, but this also got blocked. He saw Hebi bow down to grab some dirt, but Atsuko was quicker. on one knee, he kicked up a dust cloud into Hebi's eyes. While Hebi was rubbing his eyes, Atsuko jumped forward and kicked Hebi in the head. the kick was so powerful that everything turned before his eyes and he dropped his katana. Another kick made him fall flat on his back again. Hebi was still rubbing his eyes as Atsuko came close and pointed his katanas at his chest. He yelled: "why did you do it?! Why did you kill them?!" Hebi said: "I told you already, I didn't." and this time Atsuko looked at Hebi's face. His mouth was still covered by the scarf but when he looked in his eyes, he backed off and sheathed his katana's and said: "who are you? Why do you pretend to be Hebi?"

The man who had brown eyes instead of yellow stood up and he said: "Hebi ordered me to. He never goes to such open meetings by himself, so I have to pretend I am him. Like I told you, I didn't kill your family." He pulled the scarf off his face and showed a face without the scar. Hebi had one on his Cheek. Atsuko looked at the boy's face. He wasn't older than 17 and Atsuko said: "you are going to help me." The boy looked at Atsuko and said: "why would I do that?" but before he could finish the sentence, Atsuko pulled one of the katanas from the sheath and pointed it at his throat. "I think this is a pretty good reason," Atsuko said as the boy backed off. Even though he was built muscular and Atsuko was skinnier and smaller, he was scared of this man's speed. The boy instantly wanted to grab his katana but that was still on the ground a few feet away. "Alright. I will help you because I don't want to die yet." He said quickly and Atsuko sheathed his sword again. "alright" Atsuko said: "This is the plan"