Chapter 14 - The Bloodbath

The room was filled with multiple dead bodies and lots of blood. The hallway was left, covered in blood, walls, ceiling, and floor damaged. A trail of destruction in the garden. Anyone that walked into this building would immediately know that it must have been a huge fight.

It was early in the morning. The sun wasn't up yet and the sky was dark blue. The men in the room were just relaxing. Some were playing cards, others were sleeping. Suddenly the sound of knocking on the door disturbed the peace. Two fast and three slow knocks were heard from the wooden door. All the men looked at the door and one yelled: "Who is it?". It was quiet for 5 seconds. "Hello?" the man yelled again. This time he was answered. But not in the way he expected. Before everyone's eyes, the door broke open. They sat shocked for a few seconds before the dark figure that kicked in the door stepped into the room. "What the...?" it sounded from one of the men. A man at the back suddenly noticed the glance of light reflecting on metal. He yelled: "He is armed!" But before the others could react, two blades flashed as the man hit the two men closest to him in the guts. The others finally realized what was happening and as they grabbed their swords, the two fell to the ground. The remaining 6 men unsheathed their swords. One of them immediately got his throat slid by one of the man's swords. The man ducked and stepped back under the door frame. As a group, they moved towards the door. Only for one of them to fall to the ground. A shuriken in his left eye. In anger, one of the men started hewing at the mysterious man. He deflected it and with a quick move, kicked the attacking man back into the room and on the ground.

The man walked further back into the hallway, deflecting every attack they threw at him. Every time they hit his sword, he pushed it to the side or upwards, into the wall and ceiling. The next attack was caught by both of the man's swords. He pushed the attacker's sword up and slid forwards, breaking the knee with a firm kick. By quickly rolling back, he evaded the last swing before the man hit the ground. A slash in his back to make sure the man wouldn't survive with his broken knees. As the remaining 3 men jumped over their fallen friend, the lone attacker dashed out the door, he had stealthfully opened 10 minutes ago. He ran up to a tree and used it to jump back, straight at the man that just walked outside the front door. Both katana pierced him in the chest. With a firm push of his feet, the man released his swords from the body, parried the next blow, and kicked back the attacker. He stepped back and waited for the next attack. He quickly rolled to the right as the sword dug itself into the ground at the place he just was. He swung both swords and first the left, and then the right hit the man in the back. He slowly pulled the swords from the back and stepped to the side. The last remaining man stood ready to attack. With both hands on his sword, he turned around, to give his sword momentum. He stepped forward and swung his sword towards the man in the dark. The swing would have killed him for sure if he hadn't parried it with both his swords. Shocked at how that swing was blocked, the man didn't expect the kick in his chest. All the air was pushed out of his lungs as he flew a few feet back before hitting the ground. Because of the kick, he had dropped his sword. He slowly crawled backward. The man in dark sheathed his katanas, turned his back towards him, and proceeded to walk towards the building. "Why did you kill everyone, but let me live?" the man on the ground asked. The man stopped walking and turned around. He looked from under his hat to the man on the ground. "As you wish." Atsuko Tadeshi said. And within the blink of an eye, he had jumped closer, unsheathed his sword, and decapitated the man on the ground.

Back in the building, Atsuko went through the door on the opposite side of the room. The door led to a big factory hall. 3 pairs of guards walked around and on the other side was a staircase to a wooden door. In the middle of the room, a small room blocked the sight to the beginning of the stairs. The guards closest to Atsuko just turned their backs towards him. He quickly dashed forward, grabbing one sword. With 4 quick slashes, he cut open the backs of the men. The bodies fell over alerting the other guards, but Atsuko already jumped into the shadows. Another pair of guards ran towards their fallen buddies. They grabbed their swords but didn't see Atsuko behind them. Suddenly, a sword was pierced through the chest of the first one. As he fell over, Atsuko kicked the other one in the back, sending him flying over the dead bodies. With a well-timed roll, he managed to stand up rather quickly and turn around. He now saw Atsuko, casually pulling his sword from the back of the man, he just killed. The man took the basic fighting stance, while Atsuko slowly unsheathed his second sword. He lowered down, put his right sword in front of him and his left slightly behind him. "You can't stop me, so don't even try," Atsuko said. Without saying a word, the other man attacked. A hew to Atsuko's head was blocked by his sword, and with a quick reaction, he stepped out of the way of a swing to his knee. Again a block with his swords, and now it was his time to attack. The left sword flashed forwards, only a quick roll to the side saved the man's life. Sparks jumped around as the sword hit the ground, but immediately, the other sword flashed to the man's neck. As he ducked under it, the man got a firm kick on his chin. Atsuko left the unconscious man on the ground and slowly walked to the door of the room in the middle. The last 2 guards were on the other side and strangely didn't notice the fight.

He opened the door slowly. In the room, there wasn't any light source except for the light through the door. In the light, he noticed someone tied up on the ground. A bag over her head. After removing the bad, he recognized Sakura, the woman that helped with finding Hamatori Kuzo. He quickly cut the ropes. "Through the door in de back. Don't pay attention to the mess." Atsuko said to her. She nodded and wanted to walk outside. Just before she went through the door, Atsuko noticed a shadow just around the corner of the door. As Sakura walked through the door, Atsuko quickly stepped towards her and managed to catch the sword coming down. "Run!" he yelled as he pushed the sword up and back. So far, he hadn't seen the guard, so he quickly rolled out of the room and again caught his opponent's sword. Two quick swings forced the guard back. He saw Sakura running to the door, but suddenly, he noticed another guard, running after her. He grabbed his sword with his left hand and quickly did a step back. From a small pocket, he grabbed a shuriken and threw it as hard as he could to the guard chasing Sakura. He deflected another attack from his direct opponent and saw the other guard collapse. Atsuko had managed to hit the man's throat. Now Atsuko hewed at the man in front of him, the slash down was caught, but Atsuko's had quickly grabbed his second sword with his right hand. Atsuko thrust his sword into the man's belly and pulled it to the right, slashing the guard's belly open.

After a quick inspection of the room, Atsuko ran up the stairs. The wooden door at the top didn't survive the kick. Atsuko jumped into the room, swords at the ready.