09

happier,
               chapter nine
__________________________________

happier,               chapter nine __________________________________

real life
__________________________________

"zach that's not how you're supposed to play the game." said daniel. everyone was over at jonah and corbyn's for a little hangout.

"yes it is, you're just stupid." zach rolled his eyes at the blue-eyed boy across from him. while those two were arguing on how to play the game of life, lilian and corbyn were in the kitchen making snacks for the friend group. the two were standing there hugging hoping to never let go.

"i'm sorry i never told you why." corbyn said in a whisper so that only lili could hear. his hands slowly rubbing her back.

"it's okay." lili looked up into his eyes and smiled.

"yo what's taking so long- oh." jack and brynn walked into the kitchen to see what was taking them so long. "sorry to interrupt but are you guys done getting snacks? i'm hungry." said jack.

"oh uh- yeah, yeah. they'll be right out," lilian responded and quickly let go of corbyn to finish making the snacks. after brynn and jack left, corbyn couldn't help but look at lillian. her hair was up in a messy ponytail and she wore leggings and one of corbyn's hoodies. she looked imperfectly perfect, in his opinion anyway. "whatcha looking at?" lillian asked the brunette boy.

"just you." he smiled and grabbed a couple of water bottles from the fridge. lilian rolled her eyes in a joking way and lightly blushed.

"oh, whatever. bring the goldfish out and i'll bring the waters." she took the water bottles and left the kitchen leaving corbyn still gazing at her. "corbyn!" he snapped back into reality and grabbed the bowl of goldfish, putting it on the coffee table in the living room.

"you guys took forever. what were y'all doing?" asked madelyn, wiggling her eyebrows.

"oh shut up." lilian blushed and put her face in her hands.

"stoppp i love it when you blush." corbyn said trying to remove her hands from her face. the others looked at the somewhat couple in awe. both corbyn and lilian were crushed when they broke up and now that they're together again, they can't keep their hands off each other.

"so, should we continue the game?" bailey asked the group of friends.

"only if zach will play the game right." daniel said, glaring at zach.

"I am playing it right! maybe we could continue if daniel would play it right." everyone shared a glace and silently decided that maybe they shouldn't play this game anymore.

"alright, maybe we should do something else!" jonah suggested.

a/n:

woah i actually wrote a chapter! look at me go

i just wanted to say that all of you deserve love n happiness 🤍 i love u