1. (s1e1)

Rushing through the hallways of the hospital, Veronica cursed herself internally for thinking it was a great idea to get drunk the night before her first day. She caught up with the group of interns just as the chief opened the doors to an empty OR and everyone went in.

She looked around in awe, before turning around as Richard Webber started his speech.

"Each of you comes here hopeful. Wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in med school being taught by doctors. Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play? That's up to you"

Her hands went up to her chest clutching her necklace as Veronica smiled to herself. This was it. It was finally happening. All the pain and the tears, everything felt worth it as she looked at the room. She was starting her internship and was a step closer to being a surgeon just like her mom.  A step closer, to being able to save lives. She was determined to do her best and prove herself to everyone who ever doubted her.

━━━━⁎∗.*.∗⁎━━━━

The interns were then sent to the locker rooms to change and wait for their names to be called.

Veronica changed into her scrubs and put on her white coat, tying her hair into a ponytail, and checked the pockets of her coat, before stuffing her bag into the locker. She bent down to tie her shoelaces as she heard others talking.

"Only six women out of twenty", a woman commented next to her.

"Yeah. I hear one of them is a model. Seriously, like that's going to help with the respect thing?" replied another.

" Bet it helped with the loans though" she interrupted standing up and looking at the two. One of them had messy blonde hair she was tying up and the other was a curly black haired asian.

"Are you the model?" asked the black haired woman looking her up and down.

"Oh hell no." Veronica snorted. "I am gonna take that as a compliment though" she replied winking at the woman who smirked.

"You are Veronica right? and you are Christina? I am Meredith." said the blonde looking at the two.

"Which resident you both got assigned to? I got Bailey." Christina said as a reply.

"The Nazi? Yeah me too" Meredith said leaning on the lockers.

"Same"

"You got the Nazi? So did I." a man said coming forward. He was a short brunette with an adorably innocent expression. "At least we will be tortured together, right? I'm George O'Malley." he continued speaking uncertainly and nervously. He continued speaking though he was now focusing on Meredith. "Uh, we met at the mixer, you had a black dress with a slit up the side, strappy sandals..." he trailed off as he saw the three look at each other. ".... and now you think I am gay."

"uh-huh" Christina said unapologetically, before walking away.

"No, I am not gay. its, ah, it just that, you know, you were, I mean, you were very, unforgettable." he rambled on nervously.

"O'Malley , Yang, Grey, Stevens, Cameron" called a voice from the front of the room , and Meredith smiled at George before walking away.

"Hey you know there is no shame in being gay right?" Veronica sked him as his attention focused on her. "I know ok? I am Bi. Embrace it." she told him before walking away, not hearing as he muttered to himself before following Christina.