14~ The Proposal

Jeno was in the conference room, surrounded by the employees. 

The atmosphere in the room was hazy as their partner called off an incredibly important deal.  Jeno's father, Kang Min was at the center of the table, followed by Jeno and the other employees. 

Stress was evident on everyone's face, slight panic surging through their veins. The withdrawal of their partner resulted in a loss of investment and halting of the newest project. 

"We will have to overcome this somehow. We cannot risk losing our goodwill and stocks in the market. We all know its a struggle to climb back up once falling down," Kang Min said, breaking the silence. 

"The launch of this skin care product line is going to help us expand our business. We cannot have a set back block us from being successful," he said again. 

Jeno sat mum. His brain whirring with different schemes to overcome it. 

"We will have to search for a partner who is well reputed than the one before. It can help us have a stable launch," the leader of the strategic team spoke up. 

Nodding their heads in agreement, Kang Min dismissed the meeting. The employees scurried out of the conference room, leaving the father son duo alone. 

"You are too silent. What's the matter?" the elder asked. "Nothing. Thinking about how we can bounce back and definitely a revenge. The Tak's messed with the wrong people. I believe this was strategically planned out. Backing out just two months before the launch clearly indicates it was pre-planned," Jeno replied. 

"The Tak's wanted their only daughter to get married in our family. Since Taeyong is already engaged to Mi Sun, he was off the list. The pointer was in your direction which I clearly denied since I want both of my son to choose their partners like I did. Guess that did not set right with the old man," Kang Min informed. 

"You did the right thing dad, don't worry. As for the Tak's, they will be on my watchlist," the younger retorted.

"Whatever you do, make sure it fits right with your conscious," the elder advised. Jeno nodded his head and saw his father leave the room. 

Striding towards his cabin, Jeno settled down on his chair. He immediately connected a call to his secretary. "I want all the market launches and insider details in my cabin in an hour. I want no delays in this." he commanded. 

The employees knew that Jeno rarely commands, but when he does, shit is about to go down. They knew they cannot mess this over, their jobs were at stake. 

Within an hour, all the details were placed in a file neatly on his table. 

"Let's get this started," he mumbled to himself as he went through the details. 

Jeno had a plan straight, partnering with an organization with a better reputation in the market. While shuffling through the papers, one thing caught his eye. 

Bold letters embarked on the paper "Park Yu&Ji's upcoming project of a shopping mall."  Interesting he thought. 

If he looks at this project with the business aspect, it was a sure shot hit. A partnership with them to open an all exclusive skin care store unequivocally will garner much attention. A clear bullseye. 

He knew he will partner up with them as soon as he laid eyes on their name. All the other papers were thrown in the trash except for the 'Park Yu&Ji Incorporation'. 

To have a better insight, Jeno went through all of their connections related to the project. The big name connected to it was the Zhong's. They had already claimed their place by helping the Park's with the construction and their own interior designing studio space in the building. 

Jeno thought why not do the same. Launching the biggest and exclusive skin care boutique inside the mall will be lucrative. Not to forget the buzz it will create. It was a perfect choice. 

The next day again, everyone was gathered in the conference room. "What's with the sudden meeting? Did you find a solution?" Kang Min asked. 

Now all the eyes were entrenched on Jeno who was standing at the other end of the table leaning on the chair. "I actually did," he replied. 

Slight whispers  were heard in the room. "I would like to present it. Is that okay?" he politely asked. A bunch of nods were received, "Go ahead," Kang Min signaled. 

Nodding his head he asked his secretary to pass a copy of Park Yu&Ji Incorporation to the people present in the room. 

Clearing his throat, Jeno started speaking. 

"As it was seen yesterday, we are in a desperate need of a partner and investment. I asked for some of the upcoming public projects. Among those, the most impressive was this- shopping mall by 'Park Yu&Ji Incorporation. They are going to open a shopping mall, right in the heart of Seoul. As per my research the only reputed name connected to it was the Zhong's. They helped with the infrastructure of the building but they also got themselves a spot inside it to open their interior designing studio. We can do the same. A spot in the building in return of investments. This solves our problem of search for store location and imagine the attention it will garner for our Skin Care line since it will have the top two leading names of the business industry associated to it. It will be a win-win situation for the both of corporations."

Jeno heaved a sigh as he concluded his presentation. The room was left impressed with the strategy he came up with. Soon a round of applause was heard. 

"Impressive. We can definitely do that. It's worth a shot. Go ahead with it," Kang Min said. "I will," Jeno replied redirecting his gaze towards his secretary. 

"Ms.Hwang, please create a proposal for Park Yu&Ji Incorporation. And please get it through me before finalizing the draft," he instructed. 

"Yes Sir, I will. The draft will be on your desk by today's evening," his secretary said as she bowed down, taking a leave.

One by one the employees left the conference room. Jeno was left alone. He slumped back on the chair as he removed his blazer, loosening his tie and folding up his shirt sleeve. His back and shoulder muscles immediately relaxed down. 

I just hope the proposal impresses her, he thought and closed his eyes.