29~ You oddly make it feel like home (2)

After some time, the group chatted among themselves. Yuri got up and walked towards the balcony to relish the mesmerizing view of the city's night life. It was tranquil and serene. With a wine glass in her hand, looking down at the city, everything felt alright.

Jeno joined Yuri as she gazed at the city. "A penny for your thoughts?" Jeno broke the lingering silence. "My thoughts aren't cheap to be bought that easily Mr. Lee," Yuri replied and chuckled. Her response had Jeno to break into a smile.

"Must I say I really loved your place and you did not fail to decorate it beautifully. It reminded me of the time when I got my place," Jeno complimented and reminisced as the nostalgia struck him.

This piqued Yuri's curiosity. She led them towards the chairs that were placed in the balcony. They sat down and she insisted Jeno to talk about what he remembered.

Jeno had never seen her be so vulnerable and candid. It was like she had no care in the world. The night brought out a different Yuri. A Yuri who was just a 22 year old young adult and not a CEO of an established enterprise. Undoubtedly it attracted Jeno.

He just observed her. She was intently watching him and waiting for him to spill out the story. Curiosity was written all over her face. Her eyes sparked with innocence while her face glowed differently. Was it the wine or the night light, who knows, it's just that it made Yuri shine and Jeno undeniably loved it.

Yuri flicked her fingers in front of jeno to catch his attention as he looked dissociated. "Jeno, you were telling me about the time you bought your house. Go ahead, tell me, I want to hear it!" There was an urgency and inquisitiveness behind her voice.

"So I got my house when I was around 19-20 year old I guess? It's not that long ago but yes I bought it around that time, Taeyong hyung helped me with it and honestly I'm so glad that he was there to help me out with buying the property and everything. There were a lot of property scams going around and trust me I almost got scammed if it wasn't for Taeyong hyung who basically jumped in at the right time."

"Wait really? What happened next then?" Yuri curiously questioned him.

"Oh then hyung had a friend who is a realtor, he helped me find my current place. And trust me, I'm very grateful to him because without him I probably would have gotten scammed."

"Damn, you were lucky enough to not get scammed," Yuri replied and Jeno just chuckled at her reply.

Many conversations were led by the two of them. Almost everyone else in the house crashed and were sound asleep, whereas Jeno and Yuri were nonchalantly and vulnerably getting to know each other as two individuals. There was so much of rawness as they spoke, so many emotions shared.

The night was passing by serenely, even the silence was comforting. They were closer than before, definitely, spiritually and mentally. Late night conversations are sort of like that. They bring out the best of the person, making them vulnerable, digging their scars, memories, healing them back again. 

The conversations with Yuri made him realise how much she is yet to experience when it comes down to exploring her happiness. Like an unspoken oath, Jeno made it his mission to make sure she finds herself, her happiness.

Yuri was staring at the moon who was gazing back at her. The selenophile had the two most comforting companions for the night; the moon and Jeno. The moonlight shining on Yuri reflected so much of her qualities like headstrong, kindness, empath and like a man starved of light, Jeno soaked it all. 

Somewhere at the back of his mind, Jeno still had questions regarding her past. Shifting uncomfortably in his seat, just as he was about to question, he heard Yuri speak up.

"I was 16 when I first laid my eyes on this most talked about senior, a recent high school grad. I had heard a lot of rumors about him being rude yet shy and honestly what not, but yes his dimples never failed to catch anyone's eyes. I crashed in him while returning from Jisung's class and boy was I scared! Without even getting up, I started apologising. Instead of lashing out on me, which I sort of was expecting to happen, he just helped me get up asked whether I was hurt, was he needed to take me to the medical room, and that there itself I developed this biggest, fattest crush on Jeong Jaehyun.

Then things proceeded further and one thing led to another..."Yuri trailed off, narrating him the past. 

Jeno intensively heard to every word Yuri spoke. Word by word, goosebumps arose on his skin. 

"... and I had to part myself away from all of this, not for anyone but myself." Yuri concluded. Right now, Yuri was standing near the railings of her balcony, staring at the city sleeping in silence and dark.

Jeno got up from his seat and walked towards her. He held her gently by her elbows and turned her towards him. He held her and looked at her with so much love and respect that he could not fathom.  

 Jeno stuttered, "Yuri I- I honestly. God this is so hard! Yuri I honestly cannot imagine what you must have gone through while just being 18. You know when I saw you receiving the award, a few months back, you gained my respect as a business-woman but today Yuri, you gained my respect as this warrior woman who went through it all and still stays humble and grounded. And I respect you so much for that. 

I am proud of you Yuri, as a woman its not easy to give up something as special as motherhood for the very first time in your life and you did it not just for your well being but also for the child. It's honestly heartbreaking and applaudable at the same time."

Stunned by the words voiced by Jeno, a single drop of tear slid down her cheeks as a faint smile appeared on her lips. 

"Thanks Jeno, your words somehow healed the scars that you didn't cause."

Without a second thought, Jeno embraced her in his warmth which consoled and comforted Yuri. 

"What made you to trust me with telling the most crucial part of your life?" Jeno asked, releasing the embrace, tucking a stray strand of her hair behind her ear. 

"Because, you oddly make it feel like home. Comforting, safe like I can spill it all and still be safe."

A tint of pink appeared on both of their cheeks as they averted their eyes and absorbed the view of the moonlit city through the balcony.