5

5

Well.

Some things seem a little out of control, but all is still fine, if you ask Hongjoong.

He's got this. He's okay.

As long as he is busy and doesn't have to pay attention to the things that remind him of the emotional hell he has been living in, he's fine. Even when he is face to face with a situation like that, he tries his best to be civil and keep his poker face. He isn't a master at it, but he is getting there. He is fairly sure he can manage it now.

And the universe, like the bitch she is, decides to test his limits – Hongjoong thinks.

They are supposed to attend an event called something like idol olympics, and there are various stupid sections with stupid games. They are to participate in four of them, the company decides; the battle of visuals, the battle of best friends, the battle of brains, and the battle of dance.

They ask the group which categories they want to participate in. Wooyoung and San don't even think, they're confident they'll be the winners of the battle of best friends because honestly? Everyone knows their chemistry is unmatched. Yeosang strictly refuses to participate in the visuals battle and picks the battle of brains, which makes sense since he is a smart boy and a little shy about his handsomeness even if he is dubbed with the title 'the visuals given by god'. Yunho goes for the battle of dance. And for the battle of visuals, it's Seonghwa.

Of course it's Seonghwa.

The eldest gets embarrassed, turns a royal red when he is informed, and tries to stutter his refusal but the company is confident in him, so he has no choice. Hongjoong, Mingi and Jongho are just relieved they are not participating in any of the games because it's a lot of pressure. They want to enjoy the thing as much as they can. Everyone is really excited for it, it's a nice change and a fresh breath of air from their usual hectic days packed with rehearsals, lessons, workouts, practise, practise, and more practise. Hongjoong thinks it'll all be great and he is confident with his team members. He is determined to have fun.

That is, until he discovers that for the battle of visuals, it's a whole mess of appealing to other idols participating because their votes will make up most of the points for the 'tournament'.

And Hongjoong is definitely not ready to see how Seonghwa can make himself more gorgeous and lovable than he already is.

Ready or not, it's what he has to watch and endure without losing his ability to think or getting a nosebleed or shit like that.

There are at least twenty-eight different idol groups, thankfully all around their age, and the hall is packed. There are fans too, it reminds Hongjoong a little bit of ISACs.

When the 'olympics' start, it's with the battle of talents. And wow Hongjoong is so glad he isn't participating in that. He knows he would've embarrassed himself among the people who can identify scenes from movies from the 80s with one line or use nine different languages in one single sentence or walk on thin ropes blindfolded or bend in on themselves like four times.

Then comes the battle of athleticism, which has various different branches in itself and takes hours and hours.

After that, it's the battle of singing and Hongjoong is surprised the company didn't ask Jongho to participate. Then again, they have their comeback around the corner and they can't risk something happening to Jongho.

After that, it's the battle of dance and they all perk up at that. Through thoroughly brutal and hard battles, they get their first win; Yunho nails it. The way Yunho's face glows with happiness make Hongjoong happier than the win itself and fills his heart with pride and affection.