2. The Battle Of Hogwarts [P1]

There we were, back again at hogwarts. Harry had just revealed himself to Snape and we were there next to him. As Snape fled the scene George brushed his hand against mine and whispered in my ear.

"I need to talk to you"

I looked up at him with a questioning look. He looked anxious, his forehead was shiny from the small beads of sweat that were trickeling down.

"about what? George we don't have time"

Chaos erupted in the hall when several students fled the scene and everyone started running around. I looked around and felt completely out of place until I felt someone tugging my hand. George grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, he pulled me away.

George found an empty classroom and pulled me inside, he locked the door behind him. His eyes were darting all around the room, yet they failed to meet mine. He was scared, I could tell. The way he was acting didn't reassure me at all. Before I could say something he spoke.

"y/n I want you to go home... please"

I stood there trying to process what he had just said. Why on earth did he want me to go home? I couldn't just stay at home and hope for the best. I wanted to fight, I wanted to do the right thing.

"why?"

To my surprise it was the only word that I could get out of my mouth, while inside I was screaming.

"because I don't want you to get hurt y/n...."

George took a long pause, his head dropped. I saw that something had popped up into his head, something that he'd rather not think of.

"you could die"

"So could you George! Do you want me to sit around at home and just hope for you to come back to me? I cannot do that George! What if you don't come home, what am I gonna do then?"

My eyes filled with tears as I looked at my now dumbstruck boyfriend.

"what if you die out here George and I am back at home, expecting you to be alive"

I could tell he was trying so hard to speak, but he couldn't. The emotions and the tension were so high and we were both already crumbling under the pressure.

"I cannot leave you George, I don't want to leave you"

George lent back against the classroom door, his chest heaving. His hands found their way in his hair and for a second his face was hidden. When he dropped his hands I saw that his eyes were filled with tears and his cheeks had gone red.

"please just go home y/n..I don't want you to die out here, don't worry about me"

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOU?! GEORGE DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF RIGHT NOW?"

My mind was racing, how could he be so stupid? How could he not realise that I wanted to be with him even if I would die in the process. He promised me we would be together till the end and now when the end might be near for either of us he was trying to send me home. I wasn't gonna give in, I loved him way too much to leave him.

Tears started to fall down his cheeks and he bit his lip. He turned around and faced the door, quickly wiping his tears away. His voice was rough and strained, like he had been screaming.

"I said go home y/n! end of discussion"

He sounded stern and determined to send me away. For the life of me I couldn't understand why.

"NO!"

"YES!"

"NO!"

"Please y/n-"

Georges voice broke mid sentence and he slid down to the floor. I rushed down beside him and pulled his hands away from his face. His eyes were red and tears were flooding from them, his breathing was fast and shallow. As soon as I got his hands away from his face he covered it again.

"George please look at me!"

He slowly turned his head towards me and I gave him half a smile. He bit his lip and sighed, once again wiping his tears.

"I don't want to lose you"

He spoke in a low voice, like he was scared to admit it.

"I don't want to lose you either George"

"I want to protect you.. I want you to be safe"

"I'll be safer by your side than alone George, because i'm fighting either way"

He sniffled and I wiped his last tears from his cheeks while he did the same to me. I leaned forward and pressed my forehead to his.

"we gotta do this together.. yeah?"

"...together!"

George grabbed my hand and squeezed it. We sat there for a few more second, dead silent. We were both aching for a few more peaceful seconds together, before we would go into the unkown.

George slowly tilted his head and pressed a soft kiss on my lips, I grabbed his neck and pulled him in deeper. I needed the last passionate and intimate moment from him and I knew that he needed it too.

"I love you"

"I love you too"

We finally broke apart and stood up. George tightly grabbed my hand and opened the classroom door again.

"do not let go!"

I grabbed his hand tighter and we both ran out into the halls. Fred rushed by us and motioned for us to follow him.

--

We were looking over the school grounds and the pit in my stomach only became deeper as I saw how the deatheaters started to fire spells from the other side. The shield around the school started to breakdown and we all slightly tensed up, scared of what was coming next.

--

The worst fear I had for this night came to life, George and I got sepparated and I couldn't find him anywhere. I had tried to look for him, but deatheaters had blocked my every turn. From left and right spells were shooting along my ears and I tried my best to block them.

I fought off the deatheaters that were blocking my way giving me some time to run down the hall. I ran straight down the halls, until I was met with the worst deatheater of them all. Bellatrix was standing in front of me, she had an evil grin on her face. She was ready to play with me, this seemed like a game to her, she enjoyed this.

My eyes widend in fear and I turned around trying to get away. I slipped and fell down to the floor, a ringing started to fill my head and my vision was blurry. I crawled on the floor and saw a spell firing beside me. I turned around and saw her standing over me, why wasn't she killing me, she had had the oppurtunity.

Another spell fired beside me and I let out a shriek earning a laugh from Bellatrix. She raised up her wand and was ready to fire the cruciatus curse at me. She was playing with me, prolonging my suffering, she wanted me to be scared.

I ducked out of the way from the spell that she shot at me, but the next one hit. The pain that was going through me was unbearable. My brain was shutting down from the pain, the only thing I could do was scream.

Her laugh was terrible and the only thing I could hear besides the ringing in my head that hadn't stopped or my own screams. I was squirming around on the floor not being able to move any more than that. The sharp pains in my body were getting too much and I felt myself shutting down. But somehow I couldn't shut down because everytime the pain woke me again.

Then suddenly the pain stopped.