Chapter 3 - Part 2

It's very awkward, to say the least. Taehyung walks about ten meters ahead of him and Jungkook trails behind him. But, what else is he supposed to do? Both their dorm rooms are in the same building, hell, they are right next to each other.

Two minutes into the way back home, Taehyung stops walking in the middle of the campus. Without turning around, he commands, "Stop following me, creep."

Jungkook clicks his tongue, looking at Taehyung's back. "What are you talking about? Our dorm rooms are literally next to each other, moron," the 18-year-old freshman replies.

"Then walk a different way."

Jungkook sighs, which sounds both surprised and annoyed, "Walk a different way? You are telling me to take a detour for you?"

Finally, Taehyung turns around and looks at Jungkook. His face is displaying the same emotionlessness that it showed back at the coffee shop. "Exactly," Taehyung confirms.

Jungkook lets out a sound of annoyance and continues walking. If Taehyung doesn't want the younger trailing behind him, then he will simply walk ahead of him. When Jungkook approaches Taehyung quickly, the older's face shows uncertainty at first, not sure what Jungkook is intending to do, but tries its best to remain blank and emotionless.

The moment Jungkook passes by Taehyung, he makes sure to hit against the other boy's shoulder. Taehyung doesn't even flinch, only getting slightly moved to the side by the push.

Once Jungkook finally left his rival behind, navigating towards his dorm, he hears the other call out, "Hey, kid."

Jungkook stops and, this time, he is the one to turn around and look at Taehyung. "What?" he sighs.

"You only managed to tie with me because you were the server," Taehyung says with a shit-eating grin.

This upsets the younger, and he charges back at the other until he stands right in front of him. They stand so close, that the tips of their shoes are almost touching. "You honestly think that?" Jungkook hisses.

"Of course, the server always has a slight advantage. No way you manage to tie with me when I am the server," Taehyung laughs.

Jungkook tilts his head to the side and whispers, "Then let's test it out."

"Now? Haha, I don't think you will manage. I mean, look at you. You look like you just ran two marathons."

Jungkook knows that he probably looks exhausted and sweaty, but, to be fair, they have played a really tough game of tennis for hours and Taehyung doesn't look any better than him right now.

"You should be careful that that fragile body of yours doesn't collapse from too much sport," Jungkook snaps.

For a short second, Taehyung is taken aback by that bold statement of Jungkook, but he quickly recovers and sneers, "And even with this fragile body, I will still win against you. Imagine that."

Both boys just stare at each other angrily, doing a staring contest of furiousness, that lasts until they hear a voice that is familiar to both of them, "Taehyung? Oh, and Jungkook!"

Both rivals turn towards the origin of the voice, losing their staring contest at the same time. A few meters away from them, they spot Jimin, who looks like he just came from dance training, judging by the sweat and his sports bag over his shoulder.

"Hey, Jimin," Taehyung says in a calm voice to not worry his best friend.

Jimin walks closer to the two rivals, not noticing the hateful aura floating between the two. Jimin looks both Jungkook and Taehyung up and down and when he notices that they still wear their tennis clothes, he asks, "Hasn't tennis training been over for a while already?"