Chapter 5 - Forget me not

(For the record, any spell performed in this book is not accurate. I am not a witch, I do not practice witchcraft and the spells, unless I have said otherwise, are made up by me. I have done a little bit of research to make sure the items I choose in the spells would make vague sense but if there's anything you think I can do better, please tell me! :))

Billy Loomis was having a weird week. His little group had already adopted the new girl, Anisa Harte. Anisa, he rolled her name around his mind. She was almost... perfect. But there was something off. Something about her was just not right. Billy was infuriated. He couldn't put his finger on it. It was on the tip of his tongue too. He just couldn't figure out what was out of place. 

Admittedly, this wasn't the only reason she had been on Billy's mind. He bit his lip, remembering the way she would look up at him with wide almond eyes. Her eyes looked like space, with stars and planets and everything. They conveyed galaxies and were always lined with smudged black eyeliner. They looked different only under the sunlight, where coffee colours peeked through and golden specs shone in her iris'. Billy sighed to himself. He'd known the girl less than a week and was already thinking about how interesting her eyes looked under the sun. 

At first, Billy thought that Sidney would be his final girl. It made sense, he and Stu had killed her Mum last year and she was the classic innocent virginal teenager. She would have been perfect if Billy wasn't now considering changing the plan. Billy never changes the plan. 

Annie was just too enticing to him. 

That was why Billy was sitting pretty in the tree outside her window. He had made sure to set himself right in the shadows, making it difficult to be seen. Even then, he wore the trademark white mask over his face. The breeze was chilling but his hoodie stopped him from shivering. Every so often the leaves of the tree would mess up his hair or scratch at his arms. It was annoying but necessary. He was scouting her out, in a way. Billy wasn't sure why but he just couldn't leave the missing puzzle piece alone. He needed to know what it was. So there he sat, listening in on Anisa's phone call to some girl named Sarah. 

"Sarah, I know ok. I swear I'm doing my best!" He watched as little beads rose to Anisa's eyes out of frustration. "It's just hard." Anisa's eyebrows furrowed together from her place on the bed. There was a jumble of words from the phone, not loud enough for Billy to decipher but loud enough to decide they were... emotional. 

The candles in Anisa's bedroom all lit at once. Through Billy's shock, he found it hard to notice the tears freely leaking from Anisa's eyes and the loud arguing spitting from her lips. 

"Yeah, well I went through that same fucking thing, Sarah! Except, my parents are actually dead and my girlfriend now wants nothing to do with me, so fuck off!" Even from in the tree, Billy could see the fire in her eyes. Anisa practically threw the phone down. She then continued to throw herself backwards on the bed, covering her face with a pillow and letting out what Billy was sure would have been an ear-piercing scream. 

The smirk that crossed the boy's face was so striking that even the strongest of wills would have found him alluring. It wasn't that Billy liked seeing Anisa like this. Though he didn't dislike it either. The reason for the dark smile on his lips was rather the thought that he'd love to hear her actually scream. He chuckled to himself, letting his eyes travel over her. 

Hearing the low chuckle, or what she thought was a laugh, Anisa's head snapped towards her open window. It was only then that she registered the feeling of being watched. Her eyes widened as they scanned over the view of her backyard. When she caught the sight of rustling in her tree, pure anger crossed Anisa's features. Billy would have expected her to be scared, upset or even confused. Anything but angry. He was even more shocked when the window slammed shut without Anisa even touching it, or when the curtains drew in a fast and jerky movement. Again, without Anisa even touching it. 

The even funnier thing, walking away from her house... Billy couldn't remember a single thing he had seen Anisa do. 

Anisa was walking a thin line between complete rage and utter sobbing breakdown. All she had wanted was to tell Sarah about how Woodsboro high was going. Of course, though, Anisa couldn't just keep her fucking lips sealed and let slip that she lost control. Sarah's reaction to this was... less than sweet. Then she brought up that after what happened to her in L.A, she just couldn't deal with Anisa talking about magic because it was too traumatic and selfish for the brunette to mention. Now, not even the sweet smell of her cinnamon and sugar candles was calming her down. 

To make a bad situation worse, she had seen a white mask glowing from the tree outside her window. It was barely visible, but the bone-white plastic surged wrath in her she hadn't seen for a good long while. Not since Nancy had been flying at her with her teeth bared. In her haste, Anisa had forgotten this wasn't L.A. She couldn't just practice willy nilly, she had to be careful with her gifts. Lirio would be so disappointed in her. That was why as soon as the curtains had drawn to a close, Anisa rushed to her draws. She pulled candles, salt, lavender, parchment, a citrine and clear quartz. 

The candles were quickly arranged, a flick of her wrist lighting them. In the center of the circle, Anisa's crystals were sprinkled with salt and lavender. Holding her parchment above the salt-doused crystals, Anisa used her pinky finger to light a flame and slowly burn the piece. She watched as the edges curled and transformed into a cloud of black dust falling onto the crystals. 

"For cleansing, this I char. Purge their minds of memories grim, of pains from recent slights and sins. When the fire goes out, the crystals turn black, this spell will be cast,"  And Anisa chanted this, three times in a row. When the parchment had been burnt to a crisp... the candles blew out with a gust of wind. A content little smile spread across Anisa's lips as she stood and brushed off her ash-covered pyjama shorts. 

(Idk if y'all have watched Buffy the vampire slayer but, like... did you like the fact that I used a bit of the chant from Willow's forgetting spell? Also Bonnie could kill me and I'd thank her so that's why she's Anisa's ex. Because I think she's cool.)