Chapter 6 - Anxiety sucks ass

(Y'all just a warning, this chapter mentions and describes a small scale panic attack. Just letting everyone know, also this one is kinda shit so I'm sorry. I'll put a '*' when the panic attack starts and stops.)

'pop!' 

'pop!'

'pop!'

"Look, Annie. If you're going to keep popping that shit, I'm gonna need you to share," Tatum stuck her hand out, a glittering smile on her dimpled cheeks. Her eyebrows raised expectantly as Anisa pouted. The brunette let out a huff, her cheeks puffing out with reluctant air. 

"Fine," She pulled a piece of gum from her jacket pocket, slapping it into Tatum's small, dainty hand. Tatum jigged in her seat, giddy from the piece of gum. Anisa turned in towards the desk behind her, seeing Sidney look distractedly out the window. With some careful aiming and an eye shut for accuracy, Anisa launched a piece of gum at Sidney. The girl jumped as it hit her square in the nose. Anisa couldn't stop the laughter erupting from her throat as Sidney's eyebrows scrunched together like a child. 

"Thanks, Annie. I could have done without the bruising though," She poked her tongue at Anisa, watching as the girl reciprocated immediately. She popped it into her mouth. Her smile innocently graced her cheeks and enticed a smile from Anisa too. 

Anisa took a second, tapping her chin in thought. "I've reached my conclusion," Sidney looked on in confusion. Her wide brown eyes looked at Anisa intently. "It wouldn't have been as fun if it didn't suck for you," She winked, turning back around in her seat as the teacher waltzed in. Fifteen minutes late. 

Their loud voice commanded the room of bored teenagers. He droned on about how trigonometry will be important in their later life. 

The only thing Anisa could focus on though was the scratching of chalk on the blackboard and the way it made her want to curl into herself. Every so often the sound would make her recoil, covering her eyes or squinting her eyes to try and relieve the shivers running down her spine. Images flashed in her mind, Nancy running her nails down the blackboard to scare her. Forks scraping against plates in the restaurant her parents used to own. The sound of her parent's car squealing as it brushed past the metal posts next to the road and into the ditch. 

She could feel herself beginning to hyperventilate. Her plum-tinted lips sucked in shallow breaths and her chest heaved. In one fluid motion, Anisa had stood and flung her backpack over her shoulder. "I need to go to the nurse," She mumbled, standing still for a moment before making her way out of the classroom. 

She vaguely heard the sound of a deep voice saying "I'll take her there," and the screech of the chairs against the linoleum. She flinched at the sounds, trying to shake the images from her mind. Anisa walked down the sunny coloured halls. She heard the footsteps approaching but didn't stop. She just wanted to be outside, hear the birds instead of the triggering sounds of classroom objects. She pulled the sage-toned sweater away from herself the same way she did whenever she was nervous. It clung to her body as she walked and felt as though it were constricting her. *

A hand grasping at Anisa's shoulder stopped her in her tracks. Chocolate eyes widened as she turned around, facing Billy Loomis. He pushed his dark locks back with one calloused hand, still cupping her shoulder tightly with the other. "God, Doll, you walk fast," His breath was ever-so-slightly hitched as he let out a laugh. 

"Doll?" was the only thing Anisa could think to ask as she stared into his face. She could barely think, let alone form coherent sentences. Her eyes travelled to the cool tiles. She didn't want to look Billy in his hypnotizing eyes anymore. She didn't think she could handle another second without her cheeks flushing bright red. Instead, she focused on the cracks in the white and blue tiles and the way they looked like lightning. 

"Yeah, fits you. You're about the size of a doll anyway," Anisa's head snapped up at his comment. Her eyebrows furrowed together and her lips scrunched up. Suddenly, she didn't care about how far her flush spread and she had forgotten all about her mini panic attack. 

"I'm not that short, it's not my fault I made friends with a bunch of lanky, long-limbed ass munchers," She said, crossing her arms over her chest with a raised eyebrow. 

The breathy chuckle that left his lips was almost enough to melt her. Then he added that perfectly unsymmetrical smirk. Anisa had melted. Anisa had fucking melted. "Lanky, long-limbed ass munchers, huh? That's a pretty creative insult," He was making fun of her. She realised that. So why in the ever-loving shit did she like it? 

"Creativity is a virtue, Billy." 

He laughed again, rolling those pretty dark eyes at her. "Not the point though, Anisa. Are you okay?" He asked, taking another step towards her. Her breath hitched. He was so close. And he was so pretty too. Pretty in a menacing, dark kind of way. Her cheeks felt hot just looking at him. With the way the corner of his lips tugged up into an uneven smirk, she was sure he had noticed. That only made the burning of her cheeks heat further.  

"Yeah, all good. Just didn't like the sounds of the blackboard," She said, smiling sheepishly at him. "It was giving me a headache." 

"Are you sure? You looked pretty distraught back there," Anisa's hands reached up, scratching at the back of her at his words. She nodded, gulping as his face got even closer with curiosity. There was a gleam in his eyes that told her he was making her nervous on purpose. Anisa cursed whatever god made her dart land on Woodsboro. 

"Yeah, I'm sure, Billy," And suddenly Anisa was smiling again. It was like the part of her brain that let her mask what she was feeling finally kicked in. It reached her eyes, but that didn't make the smile genuine. 

The sound of footsteps gracing the hallways kicked Billy into action. He looked over his shoulder, seeing the shadows of two teachers walking towards the corridor they were standing in. The lockers rattled with the wind blowing in. That's when Billy noticed the way Anisa shivered in the cold afternoon breeze. He'd made a decision in his ever-thinking mind. It wasn't like he could be bothered with school anyway. Plus, the wild-haired brunette in front of him was so enticing he couldn't resist. Not when she blushed so easily in his presence and the way she looked up at him with those big bronze eyes made him groan internally. He had his own little slice of heaven right in front of him, and God knows he was going to keep her. 

Billy's hand ran down her arm. It trailed from its place on her shoulder down her bicep and forearm until he was clutching her wrist in his bulky and veined hands. Anisa's eyes widened as he walked, dragging her along with him. "Come on, Doll. Let's skip the rest of the day."

(This was fast-paced and all, sorry y'all.)