Chap. 14

"Talking"

*thinking*

Emmett pov:

I was in shock for a moment and then carefully hug Luca back. " Of course. I hope you know that i mean what i say. You really didn't deserve anything that happened to you and i will remind you of that for as long as you will let me." I say and gently rub his back. I could feel some of the scars he has under his shirt. *How bad are they if i can feel them with his shirt on!?* Just thinking that i can feel myself getting angry, but quickly calm myself. Luca doesn't deserve to see me angry. Almost like just realizing we were hugging Luca quickly lets go of me and scoots back a little. "Right. Thanks." Luca scoffs and blushes. *Oh lord that is so cute!* I almost gape at him.

3rd person view:

"We will forget that ever happened." Luca says glaring at Emmett even though he was clearly still blushing. Emmett smiles. "Don't worry Lulu you don't need to be shy." He teases Luca. "I am not shy!" Luca shouts looking aghast. "What ever helps you sleep at night sweetheart!" Emmett laughs. "Shut up Emmett!" Luca shouts and slaps his hand, but he did have a little smile on his face.  "Okay,okay i get it!" Emmett says while he looks at Luca happily. Glad that he seemed better now and proud that it was him making it happen. Emmett wanted to be the best mate he could be and show Luca that he had him now. 

Luca huffs and sits back staring at the ceiling. They were quiet for awhile. "You know...i don't think you are that bad Emmett." Luca says still looking away from him. Emmett looks at Luca a little shocked. "What do you mean by that?" He asks hopefully. " I mean...you are still here even though i haven't been the nicest to you or your family. I was quite an asshole really." Luca sighs and finally looks at Emmett. "I guess i can give you a chance at this whole mate thing even if i don't really understand it. If you still want that is?" Luca asks. For a moment Emmett just stares at Luca, shocked. Then he snaps out of it when he sees Luca starting to look worried. "Yeah absolutely! That would make me really really happy Luca. Are you sure? I don't want you to be uncomfortable with this and i promise we will go your pace." Emmett looks at Luca determined and hopes Luca can see that he is being truthful. Luca watches Emmett and gives him a small smile that makes Emmetts eyes widen. "Yeah I mean it. I can't promise nothing, but i will try." Luca looks a little shyly at Emmett. 

Emmett grins and slowly and gently takes hold of Lucas hand, watching him to make sure it was okay. "You don't know how happy that makes me. And don't worry like i said we can take this as slow as you want." He says gently and lovingly to Luca. "Thanks Emmett." Luca whispers and blushes, his eyes softer than usually. "Of course Lulu."