Chapter 1

I have never felt like this before. The warmth filled my body. I was at home here in his arms. Finally, I found the place where I belong.

She felt the bond between them, felt how much he desired her. His hands were everywhere on her body.

And then someone knocked on the door. She turned her head to the side, breaking their kiss. His lips froze on her cheek.

One more knock on the door. They laughed about this situation. He rested his forehead on hers and sighed. He'd kissed her once more before pushing back and going to the door.

She jumped from the desk and followed him. He looked at her and raised his hand to stop her when he opened the door.

Alina heard Ivan's voice through the door.

"Mary and Genya were attacked in the fitting room. Alina was the target."

Alina gasped, closing her mouth with her hands. Aleksander gave her a worried look.

"Wait here," he said to Ivan and closed the door.

"Aleksander, I need to see them," said Alina.

"No, you will stay here until my return," he protested.

"No! I'm coming!"

"This can be dangerous for you. You are safe here."

She summoned her light, making a light ball around them.

"I'm the Sun Summoner. I should not be afraid. And I definitely can protect even both of us."

He shook his head, but he curled his lips with a little smile. She could see that he was proud of her.

"Okay. But you won't take any step away from me."

"As you wish, General."

They were going through the halls of the Little Palace; she had a bad feeling. Her hand rested on the crook of his elbow crumpling the soft fabric of his kefta.

When they entered the fitting room, she gasped looking at Mary's breathless body. Genya jumped from the chair where the Healer healed her wounds.

"Alina!" Genya shouted and embraced Alina. Tears ran down Alina's cheeks.

"What happened here?" Asked Aleksander.

Genya stepped back from Alina.

"Marie came here to change for dinner" Genya made a deep inhale." He had been there before."

Alina kneeled near Marie's body.

"When I entered the room, I saw him cutting her throat. I fought with him, but he shot me," continued Genya.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yes, General. My kefta protected me. But I fell, and he ran to the hallway. If I came earlier, I would protect her."

"Miss Safin, you are so courageous. It's not your fault. You did your best."

Aleksander came closer to Alina, who was crying near Marie's body. He put his hand on her shoulder.

"I should go to see the suspect," he said.

"I'll go with you," said Alina.

"Alina," he protested. She raised her head to see him.

"I want to see the person who tried to kill me, who took my friend's life." She stood up and wiped her eyes with her palms. He gave her a handkerchief, the same one which he had given her on the first day.