Chapter 35

TW - swearing
CW - fluff

GEORGE POV -

One month later...

The car came to a stop in front of the Jammy Dodger Motel. It had been over a month since we'd been here last, we'd been travelling around the country, staying as undercover as possible so we'd go unnoticed by the people from LIFE. But now here we were, we'd wound up back at the first place we'd stayed.

Dream grinned over at me from the drivers seat,
"Fancy a trip to the Pipper and Pitch cafe?" He asked, making a smile spread across my face. I nodded and Dream started the car again, heading away from the motel and towards the vintage little cafe that we'd visited almost every day on our first visit to the little beachside town.

In the backseat Karl, Quackity and Sapnap were all asleep, leaning on each other, their hands intertwined. Dream and I tried to talk as quietly as possible as we drove, so as not to wake them. It wasn't long before we arrived, we parked across the street and as I got out of the car, I grinned.

I relaxed into a moment of peacefulness as I looked around, glad to have a sense of familiarity after over a month of travelling around every few days. We'd stayed in this town for a little over a week, making it our longest residence since we'd run away. I was glad to be back and I could tell Dream was too, out of all the places we'd been this was the closest to his home, his family and I could tell that made him happy.

My peacefulness and relaxation didn't last long however because Dream decided the best way to wake up the other three was to blast music in their ears.
"FUCK!" Sapnap's voice broke me from my trance and I whipped around, frowning.
"Dream, what the hell? Why wouldn't you wake them up in a nice way?" I asked, running forward and glaring at my boyfriend. Dream chuckled sheepishly and helped Karl climb out of the car.

Once we were all fully awake and not massively pissed off at Dream, we made our way across the road to the cafe. I pushed open the door and was met with the familiar tinkling bell. I smiled as Lovejoy's music filled my ears and I spotted Pitch and Ghost dancing behind the counter, holding each other close, smiling brightly.

They waved as we entered and Pitch gestured around the room, signalling that we could take a seat anywhere, before they went back to gazing into Ghost's eyes.

Only a few of the tables were occupied, one of them held two familiar faces, huddled under a large blanket, two laptops in front of them and around fifty pieces of paper scattered around them, all of them covered in writing. One of the pair was Pip and the other was the short person, Tea, from the planetarium back in Dream's town.

We headed over to the two who looked up as we approached,
"Hey guys!" Pip exclaimed brightly, pulling out the EarPod connected the one in Tea's ear.
"Hey Pip," I said before turning to Tea, "You're Tea right? From the planetarium?" She nodded in response,
"Yeah, my partner Fury and I are visiting for the holidays! Fury's in the kitchen making a cake," She explained.

"What are you doing?" Sapnap had moved around so he was standing behind them, looking at what they were doing. I moved around too and saw that one laptop had a lot of writing on it whilst the other had a tv show playing. I watched as two men moved across the screen and I realised it was 'Sherlock'. I focused on the laptop with the writing, it was Johnlock fanfiction.

Pip raised his eyebrows at me,
"Are you judging us Gogy?" He asked, making Tea chuckle lightly,
"No, I was just admiring. They actually are soulmates you know?" I told them, forgetting for a moment that the pair of them didn't know what Creators were.
"We know, it wasn't hard to deduce that," Tea said, not sounding suspicious at all. Internally, I let out a sigh of relief.

Not wanting to expose myself, I closed my mouth and turned to the many papers scattered around them. They were all headcanons of 'Sherlock'. I smiled as I read a few of them.

Then I turned back to the conversation at hand and I realised they were talking about soulmates.

Oh no.

Dream was giving me a slightly panicked look, one which I returned. I knew that I couldn't talk about soulmates with anyone because I might slip up and say something wrong, then these poor people would have to die.
"I haven't found my soulmate yet, I wonder who they'll be," Pip was saying. I looked at him, trying to see who I'd paired him with. It came as a shock when I didn't see a name hovering above his head.

Oh no. It hadn't even crossed my mind that with me gone, there was no one who knew how to match soulmates correctly, no one who held the power to do so. There had been no soulmate matches since I'd left LIFE. For literal months no one had been matched with their soulmates. Once you passed the age of eighteen getting matched was impossible, there would be people out there, like Pip who would never have soulmates.

I felt guilt begin to build inside of me along with panic.
I muttered a quick excuse about needing air and began to make my way towards the exit. On my way out, I bumped into someone holding a large cake in a very inappropriate shape. I looked at the person and smiled,
"Hi Fury," I mumbled. Fury grinned,

"D'you like my cake?" Fire asked, "It's a penis cause this is the 'PP' cafe," Fury grinned and I chuckled softly. Then my eyes drifted to a name shimmering in bright gold letters above their head 'Tea'. I felt guilty once again. I pushed past Fury, trying to make a polite exit excuse.

I stepped outside and was immediately overwhelmed by the people walking down the street. Some had silver names above their heads, indicating they were yet to find their soulmates, others had gold lettering, those were usually hovering right next to another gold name seeing as most soulmates stayed together as much as they could. But there were also those with no name. No name at all.

I began to panic, I was ruining everything, not only was I ruining Dream's life but I was also ruining all of these innocent people's lives. I could feel a panic attack coming on as I stared around, running my hands through my hair, trying to relieve stress.

Then Dream was beside me, holding me close to him, whispering words of comfort. I felt dizzy as I gasped for air, trying to ignore the words above people's heads.

The last thing I remembered before I blacked out was Dream talking to someone, possibly me, saying words I couldn't quite comprehend in my foggy brain. Then everything went black and I lost consciousness.

Word count - 1195

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!